Dr. Michael Alexander Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Michael Alexander?

January 7th, 2014

Doctor's dismissive attitude on the phone

I only talked to the doctor on the phone, and it was a very negative experience. I was seeking helpo after a concussion. I told him that I experienced concussion aftereffects for several months (24 hour a day headaches, occasional dizzyness, slight memory problems) despite the fact that my concussion was initially termed mild, and the CAT scan (which he had looked at) showed no bleed. He spent all his time and energies on the phone complaining that the majority of patients seeking his expert help don't have a concussion at all, and that he is only interested in 'real" concussions. He said he would see me, but only because he wouldn't 'turn down any business,' but suggested I should see a headache specialist instead. When I complained that I never had headaches before I hit my head 5 months before the call, and now had them constantly, he was still uninterested in my case, and dismissive in tone. It was only after I hang upo that I realized he was, in a passive-aggressive way, telling me muy concussion wasn't serious enough for him to take an interest in, and did not even fit his definition of a concussion. Talking to Michael Alexander was an insulting and frustrating experience.

August 24th, 2013

Direct, To the Point, Professional and Excellent

I went to see Dr Alexander regarding brain trauma from a bicycle accident. I found him to be incredibly professional and he spent over 2 hours with me and my family. He discussed my injury at length and went through my scans, tested my sense of smell, conducted memory, mobility and cognitive tests. He also comes highly recommended by friends of mine who work in neurology and occupational therapy. If you want a doctor who is going to sugar coat your diagnosis he's not the right person to go to. He tells you like it is and will put you on the right path to recovery.

September 29th, 2011

Obnoxious, Insulting, Traumatizing, Unhelpful

Yes, he's smart. Not sure exactly what his area of interest is, certainly not in patients' well being. Regret going.He glanced over my 2 page list of ongoing debilitating symptoms, and remarked " I see hundreds of people a week with these same symptoms>", dismissively, apathetically, punitively.Like, how dare you come into my practice with these mediocre symptoms as ifit is worth my precious time! I can't believe I sat there and persisted while he dominated, controlled, interrupted me compulsively every time i tried to answer a question. He needs a cognitive neurologist himself, or a psychiatric intervention.

May 5th, 2011

Unfortunate

He has very poor communication skills, does not seem to listen or be interested in patient....also impatient and cuts half hour appointments to 20 minutes repeatedly. Very discourageing when you desperately need help and don't know where to turn. He is very dismissive of concerns and addresses them in sarcastic manner. He should be in research and kept away from patients as I am sure he is very smart and would do more good with concepts.

January 31st, 2011

Minimal follow-up on patient w. memory problems. Did not listen to patient who repeatedly mentioned inadeqate therapy for six months. Refused to talk with or involve family of single patient although he had full, unqualified permission from patient. Very cold, impatient and negligent in reviewing updated patient records.

May 20th, 2016