A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Algus:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Algus is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Algus, FACP, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Sleep Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Algus graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.
Dr. Algus has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Southwestern Vermont Medical Center
- University of Vermont College of Medicine Burlington
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Algus accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 31 plans
- Unicare - 5 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 16 plans
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont - 12 plans
- Cigna - 18 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan