Dr. Michael Altamura MD Patient Reviews

3.1
  • 4 reviews

no change

July 18th, 2014
Unprofessional, disorganized, rude staff, still waiting for the results 3 weeks later
I went to this doctor for a simple test. At the appointment he seemed fine and told me I need to have the test run at a lab and he would interpret the results. He sent me to a hospital near me. The next day I went to the hospital and they said they do not do that test. I called his office and his staff was extremely rude, they told me of a hospital over an hour away and basically hung up on me. I spent two days calling local hospitals until I found one that did the test. They said the doctor would have the results in 3 days. In 3 days I called and after going through the horrible press 1 for this, 2 for that, 3 for that multiple time and getting voicemails each time, I left a voicemail. No call back. The next day I went through the answering service again and got ahold of someone they told me the doctor would call. I didn't hear anything until the next day when they told me they don't have the results. So I called the hospital and had them resend them. I called the doctors office again and went through the answering service because apparently they have no direct line they would give me. They said they ahve the results and the doctor would call me that day. No call. Called again the next day the doctor didn't call me back. Called again the next day and again the rude staff said "of course the doctor isn't in, it's friday". . . This office is filled with rude buffoons who can't do there simple jobs. Now I need to call them again and have them fax the results so I can take it to another doctor who has some respect for his patients time. It's not like it takes him an hour to give me the results, 5 minutes tops. I can't believe how disrespectful this doctor and his office are. . .would NEVER recommend anyone go there.

January 1st, 2014
Dr Altamora was recommended to me by my cardiologist. I found everything about my experience with Dr Altamora to be of the highest Quality. As a professional myself, I especially appreciated the promptness and his time spent with me. I would not hesitate to recommend him to others.

June 29th, 2012
Great Doctor
I have seen this doctor on several occasions for diferent issues, he has always been great, patient, took care in the problem, did all proper & necessary procedures. My husband has also been a patient for several years and loves him. We think he is amazing, always takes the time to meet the patients needs unlike other doctors that push you out the door. I have and would always recommend him to family, friends, ect. Also, his staff is wonderful and courteous as well.

February 25th, 2010
Worthless doctor!
This moron looked like he was sleeping during the consult, barely spoke and tells me i have something that so bogus and false, then prescribes me a large dose of a medication to take long term which can cause damage. How is this guy still practicing medicine?? His staff are horrendous. Never again!