Dr. Michael Ament Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Ament?

April 1st, 2016

I have lived for years with severe migraines 3 or 4 times per week. Since being treated at the Ament Headache Center, my pain has decreased drastically and the headaches are much less frequent. Dr. Ament is a very skilled neurologist. I am very happy and relieved to have found him.

January 13th, 2016

Most of the poor reviews had to do with office staff. Maybe Dr. Ament has new staff, because they were exceedingly nice and very pleasant to work with. Dr Ament took the time to really listen to me.

December 28th, 2015

Great Doctor, Terrible Staff

Dr. Ament is great. He is knowledgable and I can tell he wants to find out what is wrong with me. That being said, he often tries to push me into treatment options and tests that I simply cannot afford, even with insurance. Additionally, his receptionist is a terribly rude person. She has an irritable, stuck up tone every time I talk to her and says disrespectful things to me. I have considered leaving Dr. Ament , a great doctor, because of how inconsiderate she is.

November 5th, 2015

Jerk

After going to the emergency room for a non-stop headache, having a spinal tap, and no resolution, I was given his name. In the mean-time, the ER and my family doctor had given me prescriptions for Vicodin and Percocet for pain relief. When I get in to see Dr. Ament he tells me he won't take me as a patient until I've been off opiates for 3 month. If I had known that, I never would have taken any. Then he doesn't offer any pain management advice to get through those 3 months. This is for a constant headache. Besides not being helpful, he was non-caring and demeaning. When you are in life-altering pain and desperate for a solution, he is not the type of man you can ask for help, even if you're paying him.

July 6th, 2015

the worst receptionist - EVER

i was in a car accident and was suffering chronic, debilitating headaches. i was referred to Dr. Ament and was able to schedule with him relatively quickly. However, the woman who answers the phones is just awful. She has no sympathy, urgency or compassion which seems odd since she is working with people experiencing chronic pain. My first appt. was good and thorough - referred me to a PT clinic and got a the root of the headaches very quickly! HOOOOORAY. But, my follow up appt went horribly wrong. He simply never showed. His staff was unapologetic and rude. When I called to speak with him, she told me that "all his calls go through me." That was enough for me. Don't waste your time with someone who seems unconcerned with your time or medical condition or bother with the terrible woman on the phone.

April 23rd, 2015

Amazing neurologist that I was very confident with. The only reason I do not see him now is because our insurance changed

March 12th, 2015

Best Doctor for Headaches!

I have suffered from migraine headaches for many years. I have also seen 2 other top rated neurologists for several years in the Denver area who were unable to help me/determine cause, even with X-rays, Botox, a variety of strong drugs, etc. After one visit with Dr Ament I finally had hope that a solution would be available for my condition. Dr Ament LISTENED to me, he took over an hour to assess my condition and came up with a plan that ultimately led to me being headache free for the first time in years. Botox is very expensive and gave me a little relief and a large profit to my other doctor. Dr. Ament's treatment appears to be more permanent, more effective, and makes me free from all doctor's appointments (and Botox) in the future. His selfless care led to a solution for me, less profit for his practice, and my appreciation. My condition may be different from other patients, and maybe my treatment is unique to my needs, but I strongly recommend Dr. Ament because of his care and careful listening to my concerns.

February 23rd, 2015

Find another Doctor

Try to make an appointment. No one ever answers the phone. His assistant is rude and unhelpful. The first warning is he works in a storefront in Cherry Creek, and not sure he even has an examination room. The second warning sign is he wants to be paid by the patient and doesn't take insurance. Finally he is arrogant, has no concern for the patient, and try's to get you out and move on to the next patient as soon as possible. He basically wasted my time. Since then I have moved on to another neurologist and am very pleased.

February 20th, 2015

Patients wife

Never calls back patient. Never fills perscriotions. Does not have any sense of urgency.

January 23rd, 2014

Was Misdiagnosed...Could Have Had a Stroke

Getting appointments with Dr. Ahment is extremely difficult. I typically had to wait a month or longer. I was given an EMG test by one of Dr. Ahment's colleagues and Dr. Ahment ordered a DNA analysis which took several months to complete. He told me what he suspected was wrong, but after the tests came back told me I did not have the condition he initially suspected. Yet, he wrote this condition down on my paperwork and started treating me for it. My treatment involved extremely expensive IVIG treatments. Recently, I received a second opinion from a highly skilled neurologist and the second specialist said my EMG results did not make sense. When comparing the measurements between my lower and upper limbs, it is not physically possible to have the correlation that test results showed. The IVIG treatments cause a patient's blood to thicken and could have potentially caused a stroke. This is very scary ., Clearly, I will not be returning to Dr. Ahment's practice.

December 4th, 2013

Dr. Ament is rude, abrupt, said he did not want me as a patient

I have seen Dr. Ament twice for Parkinson's Disease and will find another doctor. I put up with the rude staff, difficulty in making appointments and getting phone calls returned because my primary care doctor said he was a good neurologist. On my first visit, he seemed nice enough, but when I asked about alternative treatments my wife had read about (glucosamine) he said, "I do not do them - they are not the "standard level of care". On my second (and last) visit, when my tremors had gotten worse, he prescribed the conventional carbodopa/levodopa drug conventionally given for PD. He said I should expect to see results in two weeks. After one month, when it was not working (my tremors had actually worsened), I left a message at his office asking to speak to him because the medication was not working. I expected the doctor to return my call. The literature accompanying the medication said the doctor must work closely with the patient to determine the correct ratio of the carbodopa to the levodopa, so I wanted to discuss that with the doctor. But Dr. Ament did not call back! He had his secretary return the call who left the message "quit taking the med and see me in 2 1/2 months!". I called his office again (they never answer the phone) and left another message I was dissatisfied with being put off 2 1/2 months and this apparent lack of care, and I wanted to actually talk to Dr. Ament. Ament then called me. Apparently he was angered by my second voice mail, as rather than discussing the medication not working, he told me he did not want to work with me at all, that we could not establish a working relationship. I responded I wanted to work with him but it was a two-way street, that I needed to be able to talk to him and give feedback about my medications and that I did not think that was possible for him because he had too many patients scheduled to respond to me. He said how many patients he had was none of my business, and he hung up on me. I guess this is Dr. Ament's "Standard Level of Care"!

August 14th, 2013

Dr. Ament Knows His Stuff!

I went to see Dr. Ament at his Headache Center at his Cherry Hills Headache Clinic in Denver, CO. I found him to be well credentialed and very understanding. He offered me several new remedies and I've been seeing different neurologists for over 30 years with no success. I know that he'll work with me until my chronic headaches are finally cured. His staff is excellent in terms of being professional and courteous. As a person with extensive experience with headache doctors I highly recommend Dr. Ament, no matter how far you have to travel to see him! I drove 500 miles and will do it again.