Dr. Michael Amiri MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.1

August 3rd, 2016
Poor bedside manner, dismissive, talks over patient
My primary's office set up my initial and last appointment. My appointment was at 8:30 on a Monday. Check in, filling out forms was fine. I was not seen until almost 9:30. Nursing staff ladies in the examination area are very nice and professional. When he entered the room he asked what was going on while he was looking at information on the computer. Fine. My primary does that too and still responds to me and stays engaged in the conversation. What I found to be ridiculous was that while I was explaining my symptoms, what diagnostic testing other doctors had completed, etc. , he was speaking into his cellphone to record himself. When I asked him to restate what I said, he gave back incorrect information. Why? He was talking over me to record, thus he couldn't clearly hear the information I was providing. My doctors aren't sure if I have fibromyalgia or an autoimmune condition like lupus. He asked me if I was stressed. Yes. Had I been previously diagnosed with depression. Yes. He advised that depression and anxiety could be the root causes of my issues he halfway heard. I have had a fever over 90 days that also appeared intermittently throughout 2015. I was cleared by an infectious disease doctor recently. Depression and anxiety DO NOT CAUSE A FEVER OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN FOR MONTHS. His conclusion destroyed my confidence in him as a provider in addition to the fact that he talked over me and obviously missed portions of what I was saying.I have seen other doctors that did not have the best bedside manner and I was OK with them because they listened to my concerns, were thorough and made a decent effort to familiarize themselves with my history. I will never return and I shared this fed back with my primary. There was no way I was going to fill the prescription he wrote. I shredded it when I got home. I found a neurologist in the Southpark area near my house that is highly rated.

July 15th, 2016
Not a fan at all
I stay with him because of his nurse practitioner Betty. Betty is kind and warm, like every medical field worker should be. She gives me a hug when I leave, and she knows my time is important with work. I do not like him because he misdiagnosed me the first time I visited. I have had epilepsy since I was sixteen. All other doctors believe it yet he does not. He states that it is not epilepsy yet high anxiety that causes seizures. He told me that after five minutes. When he arrived in the room, he did not even look at me. He just started typing. I tried to make idle chit chat yet he was not interested. He wrote me another prescription for another medication. I take my original medication only. The NP knows that. Horrible Doctor yet if you can see his NP. She actually knows what she is talking about.

April 22nd, 2016
Finally an answer...thanks doc
With Dr Amiri as my new doctor I was finally able to get a proper diagnosis. I have been through years of testing with no proper answer until I was transferred to him. It seems he is very well thought of in the community with the other doctors. I am very grateful for the ability to live without the painful and dangerous symptoms of my condition.

August 20th, 2015
Has no bedside manner and is extremely rude.

June 17th, 2015
Dr. Amiri is the worst doctor I have ever seen in my life. His specialty is Sleep Apnea not psychology. I would not recommend you see if you don't want to be diagnosed as Psychotic, Depressed, Bipolar, or Overly Stressed. I would suggest he stick to his specialty and not branch out as he almost cause me to get very sick by not paying attention to the other medicines I was taking, and then diagnosed me as Psychotic for telling him what a failure he was as my doctor.

April 30th, 2015
Awful. Impractical. I would never recommend him. Not going back to this doctor again.

July 1st, 2014
Imagine the most kind, efficient, thoughtful and informative doctor you could have, now imagine the complete opposite of that and you'd have Dr. Amiri. I'm certain, a lot of the reasons this doctor has so many 1 star reviews is because you can't give 0 or negative stars. I waited for sometime to write a review. I legitimately wanted to see if my experience was different than what others experienced. Turns out not at all. There's a reason why so many different people say the same things. 1. He keeps you waiting 2. He rarely engages you (too busy looking at his computer or phone) 3. Very dismissive of your concerns or issues. 4. Gives you a complete battery of test with the end goal of running more test. To make matters worse he (or his staff under his direction) used the wrong billing codes for my insurance and I was hit with several thousands of dollars that my plan wouldn't cover. It took me months to clear up this mess. I was diagnosed with epilepsy at my very first meeting with him. Subsequent meetings (besides the above mentioned issues) would always result the same way. Me: "So what exactly is going on?" Dr. A: "We won't know until we do more test" Me: "I understand that, but what do you THINK the problems is" Dr. A: "We need to do more test" As I stated, he had already determined it was epilepsy from the first meeting. The test were to determine where in the brain they were starting. The goal was to figure this out with the hope that this could be fixed. After about 6 visits and getting the same answer "more test" he finally said "it can't be 'fixed'" and his solution of course was "more test" The combination of the endless test, the complete lack of information and the medical billing issues had been enough for me. I see based on other reviews that he's still continuing to do a horrendous job. Those two 4 star reviews look so obviously fake as to be laughable. I'm convinced that his goal isn't help but to line his pockets from visits and test.

April 14th, 2014
1 star is just too kind for this Dr.
All of the post giving Dr. Amiri a 1 star is just being too kind. He doesn't listen to what you have to say. I informed him I had an seizure and my soon to be husband witness them. He told me to bring him with me the next visit, I told him I couldn't because he works two jobs. I gave him the number to call him which he gave to a nurse to do. No one has called him and it has been weeks. On his notes he made it seem as if I refused to bring him in. I also reported issues I had doing a stay in the hospital and he didn't even acknowledge. I checked his previous notes and they didn't even make sense. If you want to be treated like you don't matter this should be one of the 1st doctors you call. I wouldn't want my worst enemy to be treated by him let alone my cats. If you value your life this is the wrong doctor for you. He is in the business that my save someone's life and isn't doing his job. But we have to look out for one another it is our duty to do so. I hope this saves someone less stress or even save someones life. The ladies at the check in desk are wonderful, but some of the staff in the back need to do better.

November 17th, 2013
He should have his license take away
This "doctor" should have his license taken away. He did not know what he was talking about and immediately wanted to re-perform all of these tests I had from the best doctors in the country. Misdiagnosed by him. If I listened to him, my life would have been severely ruined. Run....never see this "doctor". All he wanted me to do was keep coming back EVERY week for a mild condition. What a scam. He has no moral and no ethics.

October 18th, 2013
There isn't enough words to describe his rudeness!!
It started from the moment that one of his staff brought us back to begin the work up and she wouldn't even speak to us. She refused to even smile.. She left us in a room and within a little bit Dr. Amiri came in and said for us to come to another room. He then disappeared and we had to look from room to room to find him, he had already sat down at the computer and was messing around on it. He is very arrogant and spoke down to me and for every question that he asked he didn't allow me to answer. After berating me and my diagnosis and telling me that what I was diagnosed with is not real and I need to seek help up. He got up and left the exam room to get straight on his phone. This is not a doctor but a rude, self centered person. It is a shame that he practices medicine.

September 27th, 2013
Great Doctor
I really had reservations about going to see dr amiri based on the previous reviews but I was pleasantly suprised that he took the time to listen to me and has been very helpful in my treatment. He is very direct and to the point which I am fine with. Testing is necessary although an inconvenience at times but to get an accurate treatment plan is necessary. I work in the medical field and this is not unusual. Either way I like Dr amiri but would recommend to give yourself extra time to get thru check in.

August 16th, 2013
LPN
WORSE DR EVER! He dismissed my symptoms. Told me i need to see a psychiatrist because im not having simple or complex partial seziured im having anxiety attacks. He never greeted me introduced himself shook my hand or anything. Never took his eye off the laptop. Wouldnt take my records because he thought they were incomplete (i have a binder full of medical records and all my mris and cts on disk) He stated "u have to be mistaken im sure u had a brain test when u went to the ER for your headaches" i answered again No i did not Hethen in a round about way accused me of medicaid fraud. All withouti look