Dr. Michael Angarone DO Patient Reviews

3.0

May 10th, 2015
Current Patient
I like Dr. Angarone, especially after finding out he is a DO. That was a bonus for me, I feel at ease that he focuses on treating the "body as a whole". Most people don't do research on their doctors before or after they get seen. In the age of technology and ease of obtaining information, there is no excuse to not do research yourself and find a connection with your doctor or find information that "you" the patient can ask that doctor...ie: where they were trained, medical studies/research, what publications he or she has made/published, are they an MD or OD, etc... I find Dr. Michael Angarone very attentive to my needs and he listens. I highly recommend him and suggest that patients do a little research on their doctors and get to know them via web, therefore having the tools to ask questions in person to that doctor, in turn both parties get to know one another by having a "conversation". I am happy Dr. Angarone is my doctor and very satisfied that I have chosen to receive my care by him at Northwestern Medicine. Great doctor, staff, & hospital. An added bonus for me that he is an osteopathic physician. I feel quite confident he sees me, the patient, as a whole in order to provide the proper plan and treatment for my body's own specific needs. You as the patient are in "charge" of you, not the doctor. That is why there's such a thing as "patient's rights"...lazy, uniformed people creates ignorance. I've seen a lot of different doctors for my care and haven't felt satisfied with my care until I met you, your team, & Northwestern Medicine/Hospital. Thanks again Dr. Angarone!

March 27th, 2015
I find Michael P. Angarone, booksmart but aloof and somewhat cold. He seems uncomfortable making the patient feel the same. He needs to understand that he is in control and that it takes a lot for a patient to walk through those doors to address their health issues. Doctor Ellie Zukerman was very helpful.

May 27th, 2011
Staph patient
Doctor was professional and courteous but did not listen to my concerns and talked over me. It seemed this doctor did not maintain adequate eye contact and his diagnosis seemed an afterthought. Because he has a poor bedside manner, Dr Angarone comes off as though he is not involved with the patient. I was skeptical of his diagnosis of my symptoms because he did not seem interested in my opinion and seemed to talk down to me. Not recommended.

November 16th, 2009