Dr. Michael Anthony Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Anthony?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 21st, 2016

Dr. Anthony is the most caring Doctor I have ever dealt with. He treats you like a person, not a filled slot in his schedule. Dr. Anthony is careful to explain everything to you in terms that you can understand, and he does not push treatments on you. In the past, I was always skeptical of male gynecologists. I have seen a few of the female doctors in this practice. While they are all good, Dr. Anthony is my doctor of choice. I have no doubt he is as genuine a person as he is a doctor!!

June 14th, 2016

Doesn't let you advocate for Yourself, he decides what's best and a game plan.. stopped seeing him...office staff was great..

October 8th, 2014

Insensitive and rude

As a first time mother, I had many questions and concerns. I feel all doctors who work with first time moms (whether it be Obgyn, Peds, specialists) should receive bed-side manner training! Dr. Anthony treated my husband and I as if we we're complete idiots and had no sensitivity toward possible health issues that occurred during my pregnancy. At one point he even looked at me and told me to "chill". For someone whose name and face are plastered all over Wake Med Cary, you would think he would care a little more about his rapport and presentation! Horrible first time pregnancy experience and I will NOT be going back!

November 25th, 2013

Patient

I have been a patient with Dr Anthony for many years. He is a very good doctor and spends time with you even though he usually running very late in seeing his patient. His assistant, Wendy is very polite and has always called be back and made sure that my phone calls are answered and gets the referrals that I need to have done, promptly. I really appreciate the her when I call or come and she has always been very professional. I was very sorry to see her leave but was very surprised that the girl that he has working for him now was the receptionist that worked up front; I would think they would hire someone who has a degree in medicine to work with a physician. I am very disappointed that and I am not sure if I will be coming back; do not want anyone "performing" something who doesn't have the qualifications.

September 26th, 2013

Great Doctor, Horrible Nurse.

Dr. Anthony is great, he is very thorough when explaining my diagnosis and treatment options. On multiple occasions he called me himself and spent as much time as needed on the phone explaining things to me. He is very personable and is upfront about his knowledge and experience. Unfortunately Dr. Anthony's nurse Wendy does not share his same qualities. She seems to have little knowledge about OB/GYN diagnosis and treatment. She is very insensitive to what her patient are going through. Many times I felt as if I had to explain to her which tests and procedures Dr. Anthony had suggested for me and when she didn't know what the tests were instead of saying let me double check with Dr. Anthony she stated "I've never heard of that". Then when I needed a procedure at another facility that was time sensitive she waited days to try and schedule it and when she finally did she seemed to put little effort into finding a facility that could do the procedure and told me that it was basically my fault that she couldn't find a place because of the type of insurance I have. She then proceeded to tell me that I would have to wait another month to have the test and that I was on my own finding a place that would do the procedure. My list of complaints in regards to this nurse could go on but in all I am very dissatisfied with her. I do want to mention that I have had great experiences with other nurses and medical assistants in this practice. Particularly Dr. Bonpain's Medical Assistant. She is so caring and always willing to help.

May 18th, 2015