Internist, Pediatrician
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics of West Michigan
1959 E Paris Ave SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
616-363-7690
Locations and availability (16)

• Currently 3.3953488372093 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  Transfering  |  show details
Dec 11th, 2013

My family and I have been patients of Dr. App's for 6 plus years. I feel as if over the years the quanity of patients brought into the pratice is more important rather than the quality he puts into his patients has become him. I am transfering out of the practice. It is very sad that it has come to this!

|  Wonderful  |  show details
by Amanda on Apr 19th, 2013

Dr. App is an amazing physician!! My son was sick for over 3 weeks, was in the ER 5 tims and had seen his previous physician 3 times. All everyone kept telling me was that it was viral. I finally had enough and called Dr. App,, hearing wonderful things about him from friends and co-workers. He worked us in that same day and informed us that my son more than likely has asthma and gave us the correct meds to help him. Since seeing him, my son is 150% better and I thank Dr. App for that. To the person that said he was a used car salesman, I work with people that know him on a personel level, These people also include other physcians that I work with. He was never a used car salesman, your comment was nothing but misinformation and you should investigate before you write such things.

|  The Best!  |  show details
by Melissa on Mar 28th, 2013

My entire family had been seeing the same family doctor for years. More recently, my sister wasn't happy with the treatment her son was receiving and asked around for a recommendation. A friend of hers referred her to Dr. App, and after seeing him, my sister referred me to him for my daughter. He is great and so is his staff. The first time I called to make an appointment, they offered to let me come in the same day. I've never waited more than 10 minutes. He always asks me if I have any questions, takes his time, and isn't pushy about treatment plans. So happy to have found him!

Nov 6th, 2012

Dr. App is coming back!! He is opening his own practice very soon-- within the next month. He is the best Dr. ever and can't wait to see him again. His contact information is going public very soon if not already.

|  Heartbroken  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2012

I am crossing my finger that he is indeed opening his own practice!!! That would be a dream come true because he was clearly restricted practicing under the iorn fist of SHMG..... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE OPEN A PRACTICE! 1300 MI has already landed my youngest daughter in the hospital after a misdiagnosis-- aparently every cough sounds like the "croup" to them....

|  Paging Dr. App?  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2012

I see the last post was 9-26-2012. Has there been any update since then? My son will be due for us well child check up in February and I would like to stay with Dr. App. I'm curious about the information that he will be opening his own pracice--specifically, where the information came from. I'm speculating, but wondering if he's subject to some sort of non-compete agreement. I cannot find any information about him, he appears to have vanished.

Sep 26th, 2012

Hey all, Dr. App is starting up his own practice in the GR/Cascade area. It'll probably be another couple months yet but he WILL be back soon so watch for him!!

|  God Send  |  show details
Sep 23rd, 2012

I have some serious medical issues. My issues changed the way I live. He helped me and supported me every step of way. He truly cared. He was a God send and I trust him. I am still transitioning and I am in the middle of a lot of changes. He is familiar with my background medically and is the best doctor for me. If any one knows how I can find him please post. Thanks, Bob

Sep 21st, 2012

We love Dr App!!!!! There's no other Dr that can compared to him!!! I called my insurance company and they said that he might be practicing anymore :-( I hope it's not for health issues, it's definetily can't be an incident happen with a patient. Because he's truly the best!!! ~Jas, Rob, II, Dom n twins

Sep 19th, 2012

Calling DR APP? Has anyone heard where he went ... and if he is scheduling new patients. Well respected, trusted and loved by "former" patients.

|  How can we find him?  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2012

We have been using Dr. App for about 8 years and his bedside manner is not fake, he is a genuinely caring and enthusiastic person. Much needed in that profession. I want to know what happened and where he is going to practice so we can move all our records over ASAP. If anyone has any leads please post. Wondering if SHMG has a non-compete on him for awhile?

|  HES AWESOME!!! WHERE IS HE I TRUST HIM 100 %  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2012

WHERE DID HE GO? IS HE STILL PRACTICING? IF SO WHERE?!! I ALMOST FEEL HEART BROKEN THAT I CANNOT GO TO HIM WITH MY CHILDRENS HEALTH!! WE WANT HIM BACK!! HE TAKES CARE OF MY ENTIRE FAMILY!! PLEASE LET HIS PATIENTS KNOW IF HE IS PRACTICING SOME WHERE ELSE! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!

Sep 7th, 2012

Seriously, after reading some of the comments, I am a little nervous. This guy is a used car salesman who cares more about what you think of him than taking care of you. If he is gone, it is for the better.

|  I want my DR back!  |  show details
Sep 6th, 2012

Dr. App has been taking care of my girls since birth. He has been excellent in taking care of my older daughter as she was diagnosed with Celiac disease. He came to see me at the hospital after I gave birth to my youngest, and he made sure I had all of my questions answered in a proficient manner.I want to know where he is. I will not trust my children to another doctor. He is truly the best doctor I've had the pleasure of knowing. If you know, please re-post. He has many patients waiting to see him.

|  Great Doctor Would like to know where he went  |  show details
Sep 5th, 2012

Dr. App has always been very courteous and helpful. After SH took over the medical group their phone cue and follow for test results suffered and I could see the patient load increased greatly. I know through my medical problems and those of my children there were occasions where there similar problems where the diagnosis had to be modified but thats medicine its not perfect every time, but he was willing to listen and reevaluate if treatment wasnt working right away.

Sep 4th, 2012

Dr.App is the best i really would like to know where he went. if anyone knows please post.

|  Finding Dr Michael App  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2012

Dr App is the BEST doctor that I had, and I don't know why he left, I need to find where he went so I can transfer all my records to his office. He is the BEST doctor that i HAVE ever had...

Aug 29th, 2012

Dr App is awesome. I would not trust anyone else with my children's health

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2012

Dr. App has been our family doctor since my first child was born in 2003. Even though he has moved farther out from where he first started practicing, we have opted to follow. He has a genuine love for what he does, genuine concern for his patients and a phenomenal bedside manner. He is truly what every doctor should be :) Kudos, Kudos, Kudos!!!

Apr 12th, 2012

Dr.App, Truly a blessing of a doctor.He truly listens to your needs. And goes into tackled the true problem on what's happening.Thank you Dr.App for truly caring about others and loving what you do.The Yonker fam

|  Proud Mom  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2012

Dr. App is an Amazing doctor. He is wonderful with my daughter and I would recommend him to anyone and everyone who is looking for a great doctor to take care of their child/children.

|  I trust him.  |  show details
Nov 10th, 2011

Dr. App sees all of my children and me, too. We trust him with our health.

Aug 17th, 2011

He seems to really be concerned and care but when it comes right down to it, he doesn't. He seems to have the same characteristics of your typical used car salesman. He would make a great marketing professional.

|  I wish he hadn't gotten so busy!  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2011

My entire family had been under his care for almost eight years. He is an excellent doctor, kind, and remembers your family. He has also become very popular over the past few years and is getting harder to get in. I am not enjoying that, especially when my kids are sick.

|  Best Doctor around!!  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2011

Dr App is such a great doctor. I would recommend him to everyone!! We have gone to his practice for the past 3 years. My husband and 3 boys all see Dr App and me the mom sees one of lady doctors at his office. Never have been treated better!!

|  Dr. App is EXCELENT  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2011

Dr.App is an EXCELENT doctor!!! Very caring and compassionate! Seems to generally care how you are feeling and takes the time to make you feel very comfortable. He has a awesome personality and is EXECLENT with children! My children have seen him since they were both born and he still remembers everything about them. Its not like going to a doctors office and some old doctor just reading his chart 2 mins before entering your room and not even know who you are. My only concern with Dr. App is how popular he has gotten in the past few years and i hope he never gets a "big head" and starts to not make the time for his patience, nothing worse than a doctor that's to over loaded with patience!!!

Mar 18th, 2011

Dr App is a wonderful doctor. I had gone to a couple of others and was so unsatisfied with their results. He really cares about his patients. I would recommend him to anyone. He truly listens.

|  Does superb bedside manner make up for poor practice?  |  show details
Jan 13th, 2011

Dr. App is a GREAT doctor if you want to actually enjoy visiting the doctor's office. If you're looking for accuracy or excellence in actual health care diagnosis and treatment... I strongly recommend you look elsewere. At the very least, see Dr. Harold for any real concerns or problems. She's not as personable as he is but she knows what she's doing.

|  Great Doc and man:) very caring and nice  |  show details
by Brittany Foster on Jan 5th, 2011

I almost always get in a room right away. My only complaint is that it takes a while once your in the back,but I'm sure thats everywhere. Dr. App is wonderful and always happy and great!

Nov 5th, 2009

Office is very busy. Don't always feel you can ask questions and get an answer.

by Allison Dempkey on Oct 29th, 2009

The office has become very busy over the last 3.5 years we have been going there. I wish it were less busy but I guess the word is out about what a truly wonderful doctor he is. I actully look forward to taking my kids to thier checkups! He always has us laughing. I recommend him to all my friends having babies...but I guess now that the office is so busy I should stop!:)

Jan 27th, 2009

What a great guy! So easy to talk to, and actually is listening to you. Makes you feel like you are the only one in the office at the time.

Mar 20th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Better than any other doctor I've seen: He's just good like that.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com