A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Arato:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Arato is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Arato, MD is board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- He has special expertise in 32 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Amniocentesis (Amniotic Fluid Test--AFT)
- C-Section (Cesarean Section)
- Female Infertility
- Genital Warts
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Hot Flashes
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Insulin Resistance
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Lyme Disease
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Arato graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Arato has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Stony Brook University Hospital
- John T Mather Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Arato accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 4 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 23 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael Arato practice?
Dr. Michael Arato practices Obstetrics & Gynecology, Gynecology, and Obstetrics near Stony Brook, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Wading River, NY.
See Stony Brook Obstetricians & Gynecologists.