A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Ashburn:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Ashburn, M.P.H., MBA, MD is board certified in Anesthesiology, Anesthesiology - Pain Medicine, and Anesthesiology - Hospice & Palliative Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Abdominal Pain
- Back Pain
- Facial Pain
- Headache Disorders
- Neck Pain
- Nerve Block
- Palliative Care
- Postoperative Pain
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
- Spinal Fractures
Education & Awards
Dr. Ashburn graduated from University of South Alabama, Mobile.
Dr. Ashburn has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
- Hospital of the University of PA
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ashburn accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael A. Ashburn practice?
Dr. Michael Ashburn practices Anesthesiology, Hospice & Palliative Medicine, and Pain Medicine near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Anesthesiologists.