A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Atkins:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Atkins is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Atkins
Chemotherapy Patient Education Read all about cancer symptoms, diagnosis and treatment in our chemotherapy patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Atkins Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Atkins, MD is board certified in Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Blood Disorders
- Clinical Research
- Kidney Cancer
- Kidney Cancer (Renal Cell Carcinoma)
- Liver Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Skin Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Atkins graduated from Tufts University, Boston. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Atkins has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Needham Campus, Inc.L CORP
- Washington Hospital Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael B Atkins MD is a male Oncologist , has 31 years of experience and practices in Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Michael B. Atkins practice?
- Dr. Michael Atkins has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Atkins practices Medical Oncology near Washington, DC.
See Washington Oncologists.