A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Atkins:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Atkins is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Atkins
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Atkins Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Atkins, MD is board certified in Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Blood Disorders
- Clinical Research
- Kidney Cancer
- Kidney Cancer (Renal Cell Carcinoma)
- Liver Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Skin Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Atkins graduated from Tufts University, Boston. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Atkins has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Needham Campus, Inc.L CORP
- Washington Hospital Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael B Atkins MD is a male Oncologist , has 31 years of experience and practices in Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Michael B. Atkins practice?
- Dr. Michael Atkins has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Atkins practices Medical Oncology near Washington, DC.
See Washington Oncologists.