A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Axe:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Axe is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Axe, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Education & Awards
Dr. Axe graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.
Dr. Axe has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Christiana Care Health Services
- St Francis Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael James Axe MD is a male Family Practitioner, has 30 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine, and Family Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Michael J. Axe practice?
- Dr. Michael Axe has 3 office locations.
Dr. Michael Axe practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine, and Family Medicine near Newark, DE.
Additional practice locations include: Dover, DE.
See Newark Surgeons and Newark Family Physicians.