A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Axe:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Axe is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Axe
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Axe Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Axe, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Axe graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.
Dr. Axe has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Christiana Care Health Services
- St Francis Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael James Axe MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 33 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Michael J. Axe practice?
- Dr. Michael Axe has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Axe practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine near Newark, DE.
See Newark Surgeons.