Dr. Michael Axe MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

September 15th, 2016
Thank you for excellence, Dr. Axe!

July 7th, 2016
Dr. Axe is the man!
Dr. Axe is the man! He has fixed my left knee and is working on both of my shoulders. I always feel better after seeing him.

December 25th, 2015
My wife feels so much better
Dr. Axe was very kind with my wife who has dementia. We came to see him because she had knee pain every time she stood on her right leg. Getting responses from her is very difficult. He was able to figure out what was hurting her and after a shot (which she didn't seem to feel at all), she was able to walk without pain. We go to many doctors. We are both over 80. Dr. Axe was respectful and helped us. The staff was very kind with my wife.

December 14th, 2015
Dr. Axe is extremely rude to his patients. He walks out without even saying he is leaving and then it is up to his assistant to let you know the appointment is over. HORRIBLE!!

October 31st, 2014
Why I Axed Dr. Axe
When you are in pain you seek answers you seek compassion. You would think that a Dr would do anything and everything you should request to help you find out what is causing you pain. I went to Dr. Axe in hopes of him trying to solve my problem he gave me a diagnosis with in 2 minutes of meeting me with No physical exam. I told him to the degree of my pain and he gave me a week for a follow up visit I came back the next week for the follow up and explained that my pain and concern for my shoulder had worsened. I asked for an MRI to help ease my mind stating that I did respect his diagnosis and was willing to work on what he thought the cause was but I got laughed at and dismissed and treated like a second rate citizen. I have never been treated so bad by a dr in my life ! Dr Axe needs to be reminded that he works for us not the other way around and needs to loose the god complex. I will never go to first state orthopedics or deal with Dr. Axe ever again

March 5th, 2014
the best!!
Why would you see anyone but the #1 in the world ... he tells you reality not just what you want to hear

March 3rd, 2014
Outstanding Medical Care
If you want excellent orthopedic care -- go see Michael Axe. If you want aggressive, proactive treatment -- go see Michael Axe. I have been a patient at First State Orthopaedics since 2008 dealing with osteoarthritis in both knees, with one being far worse than the other. It is clear this will be an ongoing battle for me. Knowing that I can pick up a phone at any time and get an appointment EVEN ON THE SAME DAY is nothing short of the greatest comfort and peace of mind. The office is always jammed--a POSITIVE sign reflective of great care in my opinion. Will you have to wait to be seen sometimes--yes. But this is a worthwhile trade off in order to receive expert care as opposed to staying on schedule and receiving sub-par care! WHY do you have to wait sometimes? Because Dr. Axe TALKS to you during the exam and does not just rush through things. Again, a POSITIVE in my opinion. With each step along my personal journey he has NEVER been wrong in diagnosis nor in treatment approach. There are very few physicians I can say this about. Most importantly, he knows what is and what is not his area of expertise. When it is time for your care to be escalated to a new level he works tirelessly to find the best possible solution for you, including a different surgeon who excels in the area of care you require. This is rare! However---one must remember that medical care is a two way street, a partnership if you will. YOU have to be willing to do the work he prescribes. If you want someone to hold your hand and coddle you because you aren't willing to hold up your end of the bargain with his prescribed treatment and rehab -- go see someone else. You'll be wasting his time as well as your own.

October 6th, 2012
Best Surgeon in my opinion
I've read all the bad reviews left for this guy and he's not as bad and arrogant as people have painted him. As an athlete the worst thing that can happen to you is a torn ACL which would have you out for at least six months. I went in to talk to him and we didn't talk about surgery right away. He really cared and wanted me to finish up the season so i had a strength test done. I ended up failing the strength test and the next visit we talked and had surgery planned and the surgery went smoothly. I would definitely recommend this Doctor because he's honest and will give you options before thinking about surgey.

September 16th, 2011
Never again
When going to see Dr. Axe for a follow up, his beside manner was despicable. It is Impossible to give him an accurate history with his confrontational and demeaning behavior. I would definitely recommend finding another doctor.

August 2nd, 2010
I had a horrible visit to this doctor. The wait was 45 minutes even with my appointment. He was rude and careless. I have had two occasions with Dr. Axe. One, when i tore my meniscus. He said nothing was wrong but i was in terrible pain. So i went to another doctor and i needed immediate surgery ! The next visit was when i popped out my kneecap out. He said i tore the cartridge under the knee. The only thing he required for me to do was physical therapy. My knee is still not strong enough and it has been months after my incident. I do not reommend anyone to see Dr. Axe.

May 30th, 2008
Outstanding DOC
Very complete exam every time I saw him. Knee surgery and shoulder injury. Rapid and complete recover from surgery.He tells you exactly what to do and what toexpect. I felt very much at ease he answered all my questions, gave me all the time I needed.