A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Ayers:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Ayers is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Ayers, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Ayers graduated from Boston University . He has 1 awards.
Dr. Ayers has 3 hospital affiliations:
- New England Baptist Hospital
- South Shore Hospital
- Compass Medical
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ayers accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 5 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 23 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 6 plans
- United Healthcare - 18 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 13 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Evercare - 4 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael E. Ayers practice?
Dr. Michael Ayers practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery near Hingham, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Cohasset, MA and East Weymouth, MA.
See Hingham Orthopedic Surgeons and Hingham Surgeons.