Dr. Michael Ayers MD Patient Reviews

• Bad

July 6th, 2017
Confidence and trust

July 5th, 2017
Great doctor he takes time to listen to you and really explains everything to you in terms you can understand. Great support staff his PA's are the best.

June 5th, 2017
2nd time around
This is my 2nd total knee replacement by Dr. Ayers..I am now 2 weeks post and I am doing Great..My first time around was much harder...I think a Great Doctor,the right pain management, muscle building exercise, {walking in pool} and a great PT person was Key to my recouperation....and success.

June 5th, 2017
Excellent experience
I had the pleasure of being a patient of Dr Ayers for the past year. Once the decision was made for a total New knee, everything is explained to you right up to your surgery and for 2 months plus after.

May 25th, 2017
Right Hip Replacement
I was very satisfied with the experience from start to finish with the journey leading up to my procedure, the procedure itself, and the post procedure care I have received since.

May 16th, 2017
Dr. Ayers, my experience
My total experience with Dr. Michael Ayers and his staff has only been positive. Dr. Ayers is very professional, kind, and makes it comfortable to talk to him. He is always willing to spend time with you and answer all your questions. I just had total hip replacement surgery on my left hip and I am recovery well. I thank Dr. Ayers and his team for my positive progress. I would highly recommend Dr. Ayers.

May 16th, 2017
Excellent surgical team
Enjoyed working with Dr Ayers' PAs, Matt and Dana. Thank you

May 9th, 2017
Dr Ayers knee replacement 4/24/17
Dr Ayers is very personable and responsive. I was well prepared for the surgery and found the health loop emails helpful both pre and post op. Good communication is essential to a successful outcome. The staff and the interaction with the VNA followup were excellent. The fact that I can still communicate with the doctor via health loop gives me a vehicle to discuss individual issues. The call from Dr Ayers the night before surgery and the daily visits in the hospital were also reassuring. i do like the well structured process that is in place.

May 5th, 2017
Very professional and thorough, but also personable.. Great communication using latest technology before and after my procedure..

April 26th, 2017
Great doctor
Professional, caring and always concerned for his patients well being. Followup is fantastic and answers all questions. I would highly recommend him

February 20th, 2017
Hip Replacement
A complicated surgery that was handled with great care

January 29th, 2017
Excellent Dr and support team
Being very analytical in nature, I spent a significant amount of time researching, hospitals and Drs tp perform my Hip replacement. Initially, I was set on one of the major Boston Hospitals that have a focus on Joint Replacement surgery. As I tried to narrow down my search to a few doctors, I realized that most available statistics were a couple years old and that many of the top Boston orthopedic surgeons had left to start or expand a program at one of the regional hospitals.If you adjusted the results to reflect the departure of these top surgeons, the results weren't as favorable. I also interviewed my first choice of surgeon at each of the major hospitals and at South Shore. Although I am certain thateach of these Hospitals have excellent results, I was very impressed not only with Dr Ayers but also with the entire Orthopedic team. The material provided and process they use make you immediately comfortable with your upcoming surgery. My surgery was scheduled for a Monday morning yet, Dr Ayers called me on Sunday, the day before, to see if I had any remaining questions and make sure I was completely comfortable with the surgery. He also stopped by each morning while I was in the hospital. At this point, I am almost two weeks past surgery, and although I understand each individual has there own unique experience, I am already off pain medication and walking with a cane. I can't think of any thing that I would suggest to improve my experience as a patient. Everyone on the team was excellent.