Dr. Michael Ayers MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Hingham, MA

4.7

February 20th, 2017
Hip Replacement
A complicated surgery that was handled with great care

January 29th, 2017
Excellent Dr and support team
Being very analytical in nature, I spent a significant amount of time researching, hospitals and Drs tp perform my Hip replacement. Initially, I was set on one of the major Boston Hospitals that have a focus on Joint Replacement surgery. As I tried to narrow down my search to a few doctors, I realized that most available statistics were a couple years old and that many of the top Boston orthopedic surgeons had left to start or expand a program at one of the regional hospitals.If you adjusted the results to reflect the departure of these top surgeons, the results weren't as favorable. I also interviewed my first choice of surgeon at each of the major hospitals and at South Shore. Although I am certain thateach of these Hospitals have excellent results, I was very impressed not only with Dr Ayers but also with the entire Orthopedic team. The material provided and process they use make you immediately comfortable with your upcoming surgery. My surgery was scheduled for a Monday morning yet, Dr Ayers called me on Sunday, the day before, to see if I had any remaining questions and make sure I was completely comfortable with the surgery. He also stopped by each morning while I was in the hospital. At this point, I am almost two weeks past surgery, and although I understand each individual has there own unique experience, I am already off pain medication and walking with a cane. I can't think of any thing that I would suggest to improve my experience as a patient. Everyone on the team was excellent.

January 19th, 2017
Dr Ayers takes a cautious thorough process before determining surgery is the way to proceed. He then conveys a calming confidence and a clear plan for pre and post surgical care. I have had a great result with with hip surgery Dr Ayers and South shore Orthopedics

January 17th, 2017
He is very skilled, well experienced doctor that carry himself highly; he is very thorough when he handles his patient in the OR and only wants the best for his patient. The outcomes after the surgery spoke themselves that leads to faster recovery and which the rehab dr has also commenting.

November 27th, 2016
Very Satisfied.

November 10th, 2016
I like Dr. Ayers "bedside manner". He is very genuine and does not exhibit any arrogance, as some doctor's do. He is very caring and knowledgeble and creates a good dialogue with his patient.

November 8th, 2016
Positive Experience
Very good experience start to finish, especially since I am an out - of - towner. Everything ran smoothly between CT and MA due to Dr. Ayers' exceptional staff. Surgery was over before I knew it and followup care has been high quality. I will be coming back for my other knee in the Spring.

October 30th, 2016
Good experience
Dr. Ayers is extremely professional. Whenever I see him, he is attentive and takes his time. His office practice and staff are very efficient, helpful, and supportive. The follow up after surgery is thorough.

October 19th, 2016
Patient
My experience with Dr Ayers and his team was exceptional! The level of care and compassion was outstanding. This is the only surgeon I would recommend to my family for any orthopedic needs.

September 27th, 2016
I found Dr. Ayers and his PA Dana Fanning, and his entire staff to be good listeners, responsive to my concerns, always supportive and empathetic.

August 25th, 2016
Mr.
Friendly and efficient

August 21st, 2016
new hip
Dr.Ayers, Dana Fanning, and the entire staff at South Shore were extremely capable and caring. I think I still have a way to go but getting better each day.