A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Caplan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Caplan is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Caplan
Chronic Dry Eyes Patient Education Learn about symptoms and treatments of chronic dry eyes by reading Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Caplan Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Caplan, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Laser Surgery
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Caplan graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Caplan has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Ben Taub General Hospital
- CHRISTUS St. Joseph Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Bernard Caplan MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Michael B. Caplan practice?
- Dr. Michael Caplan has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Caplan practices Ophthalmology near Houston, TX.
See Houston Ophthalmologists.