A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Caplan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Caplan is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Caplan, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Caplan graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston.
Dr. Caplan has 14 hospital affiliations:
- CHRISTUS St. Joseph Hospital
- El Campo Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Caplan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 18 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 4 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 5 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Humana - 23 plans
- Cigna - 10 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael B. Caplan practice?
Dr. Michael Caplan practices Ophthalmology near Houston, TX.
See Houston Ophthalmologists.