Ophthalmologist (eyes)
Video profile

I Went In To Berkeley Eye Center For Lasik show details I Went In To Berkeley Eye Center For Lasik
by Karen K. on Sep 1st, 2016

I went in to Berkeley Eye Center for Lasik and had Glenda for my consultation and she was amazing. Glenda answered all my questions and I knew then this was the place for me and I immediately scheduled my lasik. I had Dr. Garza for my exam and he is one of the most nicest, caring and patient doctors. I had Dr. Caplan for my actual surgery and even up to the last minute he answered all my questions all while not rushing me, this is amazing because this is not a surgery in which you want to feel rushed because these are your eyes for petes sake!! Dr. Caplan and his staff are amazing and one of his staff even held my hand during the procedure just for reassurance. After the procedure was over I can't believe I had so much anxiety because it was a piece of cake! The healing process has been great, and the staff has been there before and after to address any concerns. I absolutely love the outcome thus far even though and would recommend this practice to anyone else looking to get Lasik done!

I Had A Great Experience From Start Finish With All Of The Staff show details I Had A Great Experience From Start Finish With All Of The Staff
by Missy M. on Jul 24th, 2016

I Had a great experience from start finish with all of the staff at Berkley; Dr. Caplan did my LASIK and did a great job. I was nervous going into the procedure but they made it seamless. I just wish I had done it years ago!

My Lasik Experience Was Amazing show details My Lasik Experience Was Amazing
by Lisa McGee on Jun 21st, 2016

My lasik experience was amazing. Berkeley staff is friendly and professional. Dr Momeni did my evaluation and answered all my questions about Monovision. Dr Caplin performed my lasik surgery. The staff walked me through the entire procedure. Dr Caplin is great! Would highly recommended Berkeley to anyone considering lasik. I love my new vision.

Dr. Caplan Was Wonderful show details Dr. Caplan Was Wonderful
by Sharon Kuperman on Jun 20th, 2016

Dr. Caplan was wonderful he explained the procedure and I felt very comfortable. All the staff were very knowledgeable and very helpful. My mother had her surgery done by Dr. Caplan and was extremely pleased. I would definitely refer my friends to him.

My LASIK Experience With Berkeley Eye Center And Dr. Caplan Was Wonderful! show details My LASIK Experience With Berkeley Eye Center And Dr. Caplan Was Wonderful!
by Jacqueline Godbout on Jun 13th, 2016

My LASIK experience with Berkeley Eye Center and Dr. Caplan was wonderful! They were able to schedule my procedure within two days. Everyone did such a great job of easing my nerves and making me feel comfortable. Dr. Caplan himself spent plenty of time answering my questions and addressing each of my concerns on the day of the surgery. Alma was also extremely helpful, kind, and attentive beforehand. I appreciated the entire staff! Great experience!

I Had Both Cataract and Enhanced Lasik Surgeries show details I Had Both Cataract and Enhanced Lasik Surgeries
by Lilian on May 16th, 2016

I had both cataract and enhanced Lasik surgeries performed by Dr. Caplan a superb professional.Almost a year went by between theses two surgeries. They wanted to wait in order to be absolute certain of the necessity of a follow up enhancement procedure , giving my brain the necessary time to adjust. Extremely cautious, capable professional . All the staff is courteous and responsive to all my needs and concerns.I am very pleased to have chosen and for having had the privilege to be treated by Dr. Caplan. Extremely happy with the results.

This was an Amazingly Easy and Comfortable Experience show details This was an Amazingly Easy and Comfortable Experience
by Cody Radley on Mar 27th, 2016

This was an amazingly easy and comfortable experience. Dr. Caplan and his entire staff were extremely nice and took the time to make sure that every question or concern I had was answered and that I felt very comfortable before moving forward. I now regret putting LASIK off for the last few years.

One word: Phenomenal show details One word: Phenomenal
by Rebecca Villarreal on Mar 24th, 2016

One word: Phenomenal. I've worn glasses since I was 5 years old and once I was ready for a change I did extensive research on LASIK Centers in Houston. Berkeley stood out to me and I'm glad I chose them! Each staff member was comforting and kind. From the very beginning I was a nervous wreck and every individual at Berkeley put me at ease. I had a consultation with Alma Herrera and she answered each and every question I had before I could even ask them! I didn't think I would be a candidate since I had such high astigmatism but she instilled some faith in me and I'm glad she did. The Laser Vision reception area (Christina & Jamie) were both so welcoming! The day of the surgery I'll admit I was scared because I had googled videos of LASIK the week before. (I don't recommend doing that) Dr. Caplan explained the procedure to me and said I really wouldn't feel a thing, and he was right. I must say Dr. Caplan did an AMAZING job. I had horrible vision previously and I can now see without glasses!(It's very exciting) During the operation I did not feel a thing and I would definitely do it again if I had to. I've been recommending Berkeley to every family member and friend because that's just how much I believe in them!

Never Have Had Eye Surgery So Was Very Concerned show details Never Have Had Eye Surgery So Was Very Concerned
by June Larabee on Mar 6th, 2016

Never have had eye surgery so was very concerned but Dr. Caplan, and Berkeley Center personnel made me feel welcome and comfortable with my decision to do cataract surgery. The Caplan Clinic experience was great, from the front desk receptionist to the nurses are efficient, competent and friendly. My surgeries were smooth and no pain. The follow-ups were throughout. I highly recommend the Center, the Clinic and Dr. Caplan for cataract surgery.

The Staff at Berkeley Are So Kind And Professional show details The Staff at Berkeley Are So Kind And Professional
by Jeri Garcia on Feb 3rd, 2016

The staff at Berkeley are so kind and professional. They made my cataract surgery less stressful and my vision is so much better. Doctor Caplan is an awesome surgeon.

I am Writing This Review Based on My Recent Experience show details I am Writing This Review Based on My Recent Experience
by Eula Jones on Nov 8th, 2015

I am writing this review based on my recent experience with my cataract surgery. From the time I first knew that I would need the surgery, I continued to postpone the procedure because I was afraid. The time came when it became difficult to get around and function comfortably. So I decided to get it over with. I thought it was going to hurt and that I would see all the activities surrounding the surgery. But to my surprise, I saw nothing and felt nothing. All left was using the prescribed eye drops. I commend Dr. Caplin and his staff. Everyone was so very nice and pleasant while being professional. They made me feel comfortable. I highly recommend Berkeley Eye Center for all eye care needs.

My Experience Over The Years With The Medical Staff Has Been Outstanding show details My Experience Over The Years With The Medical Staff Has Been Outstanding
Aug 30th, 2015

My experience over the years with the medical staff has been outstanding in every way. Dr. Caplan is the best. In the Optical Department my go to person is Mark Langley. With his easy-going, knowledgeable manner, he makes the selection process stress free and rewarding once you return for your final fitting.

I Been Going To Dr. Caplain For Couple of Years show details I Been Going To Dr. Caplain For Couple of Years
by Dorothy Parker on Aug 9th, 2015

i been going to dr caplain for couple of years..to have a pressure check since my two eye surgery.......i will say ms michelle..did a good job getting me ready for dr caplain..i never had checkup like this before..she did everything,,she really did care about me...when i go back to see dr caplain i will always ask for michelle..i like the way she treated me..........and she took her time.....

The Staff Was Extremely Pleasant show details The Staff Was Extremely Pleasant
by Stephanie Porter on Aug 2nd, 2015

Except for the initial wait period, the staff was extremely pleasant from the front desk until we made our exit. Debbie with Dr. Caplan along with Melissa an the other staff members that assisted during my visit with Dr. Caplan was very patient and thorough. The staff made it very comfortable to prepare for my procedure in a couple of weeks,

Dr. Caplan, Dr. Garza and Dr. Cook Made My Cataract Surgery show details Dr. Caplan, Dr. Garza and Dr. Cook Made My Cataract Surgery
by Karl Kahn on Jul 28th, 2015

Dr. Caplan, Dr. Garza and Dr. Cook made my cataract surgery and follow-ups the easiest and most professional I could imagine. I have to recognize Aquaila Davidson for her patience, expertise and effortless ability to put me at ease. I highly recommend Berkeley for always treating me as a human being and never a number.

My Experience Is Always a Pleasant One show details My Experience Is Always a Pleasant One
by Karen B. on Mar 22nd, 2015

My experience is always a pleasant one. Dr. Gloyd is AWESOME! The office staff and the medical assistants are great! I would highly recommend this office, my doctor, and those medical assistants to any and everyone in need of a great obstetrician.

I Was Very Pleased With My Experience show details I Was Very Pleased With My Experience
by Julie on Mar 2nd, 2015

I was very pleased with my experience at Berkeley. My vision has been improving every day since the surgery. Everyone in the office was thorough and efficient. I am able to function just fine without the use of glasses or contacts anymore.

This was my first visit to Berkeley Eye Center show details This was my first visit to Berkeley Eye Center
by Paul G. on Mar 1st, 2015

This was my first visit to Berkeley Eye Center in Houston, I recently relocated and needed to find an eye-care provider. For a first timer everything was really simple and the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. My exam went smoothly and I look forward to return for regular check ups.

Everyone Who I came Into Contact Was Professional show details Everyone Who I came Into Contact Was Professional
by Steven on Feb 22nd, 2015

Everyone who I came into contact was professional, knowledgeable, and efficient. Exam was thorough and each step was explained so that I was aware what was going to happen and what the outcome was.

My first visit to Berkeley Eye Center was a wonderful experience show details My first visit to Berkeley Eye Center was a wonderful experience
by Kathleen on Feb 11th, 2015

My first visit to Berkeley Eye Center was a wonderful experience. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful. Dr Thota was very thorough and answered all questions I had in a very professional manner.

I Absolutely Love Berkley! show details I Absolutely Love Berkley!
by Melissa J on Dec 23rd, 2014

I absolutely loved Berkley! Staff was so efficient, nice, friendly, and patient to answer all your questions throughout the process. I was so nervous and anxious going into surgery, so it was nice when they gave me Valium to calm my nerves (I heard other LASIK centers dont do this). The whole procedure was so fast and easy that I was out within a few minutes. I am so happy and pleased with my vision and the service that I got. Dr. Caplan was great! I would definitely recommend Berkley to anyone that is thinking about getting LASIK.

My Experience Has Been Excellent show details My Experience Has Been Excellent
by John B. on Nov 23rd, 2014

My experience has been excellent. My wife had her lens implants at Slade & Baker. We both agreed that the people and the service and especially the results have been much better at Berkeley.

Great show details Great
by Tina on Oct 26th, 2014

Great

Staff are Very Helpful and Friendly show details Staff are Very Helpful and Friendly
by Margarita V. on Oct 5th, 2014

I been going to Berkleley Eye Center since 2011, and I love it!!! I have bought my 3 pairs of glasses and contacts at Berkeley. What makes it even better, all the staff are very helpful and freindly.

We Had a Great Experience show details We Had a Great Experience
by Larry D. on Sep 9th, 2014

I needed glasses and had Mark Langley assist us. We had a great experience and he was very helpful and knowledge. I wouldn't use anyone else but Mark. He was very professional. I would recommend Mark and Berkley to anyone needing glasses.

Great Experiences With Every Visit show details Great Experiences With Every Visit
by Monica L. on Sep 7th, 2014

I've been coming to Berkeley Eye Center for years now and have had great experiences with every visit. My daughter also likes it here. I did try and purchase glasses online last year and they came out horrible so never again will I do that. Berkeley does a great job with manufacturing my glasses and they have a big selection to choose from.

Awesome!! show details Awesome!!
by Angela W on Aug 14th, 2014

Awesome!! I have never had an exam like this; thoroughly done with such kindness from the doctor, staff, & administration. The technician was fabulously patient with me; I suffer with anxiety. The office is plush!

Very positive experience! show details Very positive experience!
by Danielle on Aug 11th, 2014

My nurse and Dr. Momeni were fantastic. I came in to get an eye exam for a new pair of glasses and they were personable and extremely helpful. The woman who helped me order my new pair of glasses actually helped me adjust my existing pair too. Very positive experience! I will definitely be recommending this location!

It was a Very Pleasant Visit show details It was a Very Pleasant Visit
by Shide on May 11th, 2014

It was a very pleasant visit. waiting time was very short. The staff and doctor are very friendly and helpful, I particularly like the Online appointment and new patient registration, which save me a lot of time as I don't have to fill the lengthy form on my first visit

Great doctors! show details Great doctors!
by Victoria Thomas on Apr 8th, 2014

No wait. Great doctors. Great care. Great experience!

You better have a free day. show details You better have a free day.
Oct 19th, 2012

There is simply no measurement of waiting time for this large practice. While Dr. Caplan is good, the time spent waiting is extreme. His staff are more interested in conversing with each other, walk ins, and phone calls than people who have appointments, have been waiting hours, have paid money for services, and expect some sort of respect in return. A great doctor, too many patients scheduled and poorly trained staff. A shame.

Nov 14th, 2011

I am very please with Dr. Caplan and his staff. Most important I trust him and his diagnoses. In my opinion he is one of the top doctors that does eye care in the Houston area.