inactive

Michael Russo MD Patient Reviews

October 21st, 2016
Patient
Dr. Russo is a very compassionate and caring doctor. I wish Dr. Russo was my Primary Care Physician because he is on it! Other doctor's that I've seen for the past 15+ years have always put my symptoms and illness on the back burner and I've learned to live with what I have for a very long time. I don't trust any other doctors but Dr. Russo! He is one of the Best! Thank you, Dr. Russo!

September 28th, 2016
Not the same doctor. From the absolute best, to just plain dangerous
This doctor - human being - is not the same one many of us had the pleasure of meeting and being helped by a just few years ago. From being the very best, and kind and truly passionate about helping people...to this...who knows. His "wife" scares me, (has anyone seen her board certification, licenses, etc.?)...he scares me, and I hear his whole staff left him. Makes sense. More and more patients are coming forward, and it seems he has done a tremendous amount of harm to patients (even if the rumor about his getting tooooo personal and fully discarding that oath of his and crossing ethical boundaries with patients is unfounded). Hospitalizations, sickness, getting cut off meds.... He once was better than anyone could hope for--. a really spectacular doctor and person. It seems now that he would do well to take time off and get some help himself, or stop practicing. Lives have been ruined...how long before lives are lost!? WATCH OUT!

September 12th, 2016
Incompetent, liar, drug addicted, loser with a badd wig.
RUN, don't walk away from this CLOWN. If you want to have multiple tests performed that have NOTHING to do with the reason you came in, then he is the one to see. What happened to the entire previos staff? Wht can't i understand one word his "wife" speaks? He looks about 30 years plder than her..online purchase? Why does his Office keep moving? Get informed...

July 20th, 2016
I have been seeing him for years and he has put me on a bunch 9f medications.Never looking for they underlying problems.After three years of going down hill I did research and found Dr.liow at Hawaii Pacific Neuroscience. And he has found most of my medical problems. Which is quite a lot some requiring surgery some is permanent damage but I got answers.I know Dr.Russo both on a personal and professional level he has a lot of personal issues which affect the way he treats his patients He changes like the weather.When it's your health second opinionset are always good.Aloha

July 4th, 2016
The most unprofessional crazy dr ive ever seen. Rocking back and forth like hes on drugs

June 1st, 2016
The worst most out of touch doctor ive ever met in my life! When i went in for my first appointment he saw in an office with no doors where i could hear the person before me being seen , when i went in for my appointment and asked him about the doors and my privacy he laughed it off and said who needs privacy anyways... i got up then and left finding this unacceptable! He was rocking back and forth while talking to me.. seems to me like he may be on drugs... never going back again and i would not recommend!!

May 9th, 2016
He was good but something has changed...
I'm writing this to inform/warn current patients and possible future patients...something has changed. This is for his Honolulu office...first, he is no longer associated with the sleep tech center and so his office there no longer exists, he is now located in the same building, on another floor. That office does not have actual doors when you go to see him-just a sheet/curtain. So, others can hear your problems like how it is mentioned in the Hilo office reviews that other people wrote. When I saw him last, I noticed none of his previous staff was working in the office and just one new girl at the front. I overheard someone mentioning that his entire office staff walked out/quit. That should've clued me in that something was up. Then, in my appt, I noticed he seemed very different than months ago in 2015. I felt like he was on prescription meds or something(?)-he seems very angry/agitated and was talking down to me. He was really great before, but something has changed. I don't know for sure what is going on, all I'm going to say is be careful. I also felt like he wasn't helpful in my last appt and was talking down to me more than anything. He talked to me like I was an idiot.

March 12th, 2016
Incompetent
I was referred for a sleep disorder about a month ago and he ordered a bunch of tests including a deeg to check for brain damage even though i told him ive never had one! If i could give him a negative rating i would! He was rude and talked to me as though i was a child which was very offensive. He did a cardiology test even though ive never had heart problems in my life and im 20 years and he misspelt height and weight on the report i thought he was a doctor??! I was overcharged and as soon as he couldnt figure out a diagnosis he said "i was just a sleepy person" ive told my primary of the poor quality and i would highly recomend not going to see him!

February 18th, 2016
I was referred due to my issue with Essential Tremor. The medications he prescribed were for Parkinsons and completely worthless for my problem. He cause me enormous expense to travel to Honolulu for MRI and DEEG, neither of which were explained as to what their use was for my issue. Only after the fact did he say the MRI was to determine if I'd ever had a stroke (I haven't) and never was the DEEG explained. I highly suspect he took me as a patient only to get my Medicare money! Terrible! After the MRI and DEEG he dropped me like a hot potato! He'd made his money and off to rob somebody else!

October 8th, 2015
Awesome physician; knows exactly what he's doing

June 14th, 2015
A true rarity among doctors
This is that rare doctor, who, more than anything else, sees and treats you as a human being, not a set of symptoms. He genuinely cares. And he doesn't just want to throw pills at you to treat symptoms, he wants to uncover the cause of those symptoms, and deal with that. And he'll stop at nothing to find that cause, will try anything until he gets you feeling better. He listens. He is fully present with you. He takes the time it takes with you; you aren't being rushed out because your 15 mins are up. And his goal is ultimately to get you well, to be able to live the life you want to live. WELL, not "treated." He is the doctor who gives you answers after many other doctors have been unable - or unwilling - to (or have said "everything looks normal," and sent you away, job done, even though you KNOW this isn't "normal," or if it is, you're not interested, thankyouverymuch. He inspires hope, and offers you dignity. This is a rare, rare doctor, and the best anyone could hope for. Amazing.

April 8th, 2015
I sent my niece to Dr. Russo for a DEEG last year and he was caring and thorough and provided an excellent analysis of her situation promptly.