A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Balk:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Balk is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Balk, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Balk graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Balk has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Piedmont Hospital
- Grady Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Balk accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 1 plan
- Peach State Health Plan - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael A. Balk practice?
Dr. Michael Balk practices Cardiovascular Disease near Atlanta, GA.
Additional practice locations include: Cumming, GA.
See Atlanta Cardiologists.