A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Balk:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Balk is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Balk
Smoking Cessation Patient Education Smoking cessation patient education guide to help you quit smoking and avoid cancer and other health related problems.Before Visiting Dr. Balk Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Balk, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Balk graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Balk has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Piedmont Hospital
- Grady Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Alan Balk MD is a male Internist, has 25 years of experience and practices in Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Michael A. Balk practice?
- Dr. Michael Balk has 4 office locations.
Dr. Michael Balk practices Cardiovascular Disease near Atlanta, GA.
Additional practice locations include: Cumming, GA and Alpharetta, GA.
See Atlanta Cardiologists.