Dr. Michael Banov MD Patient Reviews

3.1

• Good
  • Bad

May 16th, 2016
Very good care and pleasant staff

February 13th, 2016
Very bright and thorough

January 20th, 2016
I have been a patient of Dr. Banov for over 10 years. I am highly impressed with his knowledge and I can honestly say I am a better person because of him

October 21st, 2015
Excellent!
I have been seeing Banov for over 5 years. He actually listens to me and cares about my situation. He always tries to help me out with expensive medication and gives me samples whenever possible. With his help, we have found a set of medications that have totally change my life in every way. I've had unpleasant experiences before with other psychiatrists, 'here's your drugs now get out' kind of attitude. Fortunately, he is nothing like that. I don't mind paying out of pocket to see him, I wouldn't go to anyone else. I highly recommend!!

October 15th, 2015
Mixed Results Over Long Term Relationship
Nothing but disinterest in me as a patient, billing issues left and right, blame for my insurance not paying him on time, dropped my insurance out of the blue without a heads up; e.g. phone call, recently got stuck with a nurse who had very little knowledge with my case, experienced flipit approach, very poor bedside manner from Dr. Banov, and always a lecture if you were a tad late for your appt., when he is always running behind. I don't think he really cares however.

May 27th, 2015
I fired them after the second visit
On my first visit there was some confusion as to which door to use. Parking is in the back but they want you to enter the building from the front. There are no signs that tell you exactly what door to use. The staff proceeded to "lecture" me that the back door is only used for handicapped people and that I should use the front door from then on. All of this said with a very rude and demeaning attitude. I saw Karen Greenwood who asked a lot of questions and after about 10 minutes prescribed my medicine and I was sent on my way. On my second visit, traffic was very bad. I realized about ten minutes before my appointment at 8:15 that I would be running late. I called there main number but was told they do not answer the phone until 9am. I left a message and arrived at exactly 8:25. The lady at the front desk said "did you KNOW your appointment was at 8:15?" Again this was said very rudely. I told her I had left a message and that I was sorry but that traffic was bad. She then told me that my appointment was considered "missed' and I would have to wait till 10:30 to see Karen. This was not acceptable and they were actually able to see me at about 8:45. While in my appointment I told the nurse about a particular issue that was truly bothering me and instead of trying to address the issue she told me that I was calling it by the wrong name and that I should just keep going with what I had until next visit. Needless to say I felt as though my needs were not met at all in this visit. I promptly scheduled an appointment with another provider and cancelled my appointment with North West Behavioral. The staff continues to be very rude and uncaring. I realize it was not there fault I was running late but to treat me with such disrespect when I did everything in my power to inform them was inexcusable. Stay away from this practice at all cost.

April 20th, 2015
Only good experiences
I have not had any of these experiences. Dr. Banov was very helpful and knowledge. Staff was very kind. Nothing but good things to say.

March 5th, 2015
Don't even bother
At this point, I would be hesitant to be treated by this practice as they have not returned my calls or email requests requesting an appointment after 4 days. I tried to call the office directly and my call was literally hung up on. If this is the standard level of care it is probably better I didn't see a doctor there.

February 12th, 2015
Dr. Banov has taken over $500k from pharmaceutical companies over the past 5 years. Search ProPublica's online database. He is on pharma companies' payroll.

January 28th, 2015
I would not recomment this practice to anyone with a difficult diagnosis. My son used to have a good relationship with Dr. Banov and the staff , however, in the past couple of years Dr. Banov is always in a rush. Rolls his eyes at issues and is in a hurry for the next patient. Staff has become very short verging on rudeness.

March 1st, 2014
Needs a new staff, constant mistakes, app errors, rude and arrogant.
Dr. Banov is an okay Dr if you can get his attention. But you have to remind him who you are....what your history is...and what you talked about last visit.....because he sure won't remember. Always rushing you in and out not spending 5 mins with you. And don't ever leave a message for him with the staff......he'll never get it.

January 31st, 2014
The things they dont teach drs.
I have been a patient of Dr. Banov for over 10 years. After having gone through a divorce, the loss of my dad, my mom entering a nursing home, my daughter becoming estranged from me, loosing my house, getting breast cancer, I needed help. I know the docs cant spend time having a cup of coffee with us, and lets face it, some patients would abuse that time, I still always felt rushed. Like an assembly line. It was an awful feeling. We are all there because some matter of the brain , emotions, or heart has been sick or hurt. The bedside manner here is awful. I get more attention picking up cheese at the deli. If there are any docs reading this, please take inventory of why you got in this business to begin with. Im thinking of leaving this practice after a long time. It saddens me. I believe my doctor may be in need of an antidepressant himself.