Dr. Michael Barimo DO Patient Reviews

3.8
  • 24 reviews

September 6th, 2016
excellent doc! His PA's are excellent diagnosticians as well, and very personable!

July 19th, 2016
Seasoned Treatment coordinator in accomplished dental practice that cares!
During the 18 mos my father has been patient of record with this office, there has always been a lack of communication on behalf of the doctor and especially the staff in not returning calls,or following through w processing prescriptions in a timely manner and when one 's health is dependant on their medications this is borderline negligant! I do not find this acceptable and find this uncalled for and suspect this is partially due to our so called "insurance plans" that are presented to patients that should be helpful to providing them optimal care for their healthcare that they are paying for. Compassion and sincererity should be a priority for any medical professional, doctor or staff team! This office lacks professionalism but more importantly quality care! Proceed at your own risk....,

June 13th, 2016
Unfriendly & rude Office staff & Dr Barimo is not the friendliest either. I prefer seeing Ben Feld. Dr Barimo never remembers you as a patient & every time I would hv to rehash my history & almost start over, when he has my chart & I hv been going there for years. Ben is great with remembering patients & the follow up. Dr Barimo doesn't seem to care & your just a number & he prefers to be in & out of the room in 10mins. He will recommend & refer you to a specialist & forget all about doing so & charting the plan & discussion. Frustrating! Doesn't care at all if your struggling or sick, especially if your not sitting in front of him (not sure he cares then either) After many years & many chances, I hv decided to switch PCP's. I hope sooner then later Dr Barimo finds the compassion he once may have had & doesn't make others feel as an inconvenience. I know of others that hv had issues as well, but I tried to give him multiple chances. Sadly it didn't work. Ben is def the best & most caring in the office! When you almost lose a family member due to a similar situation, I should hv taken that as a red flag & changed PCP's. Now I'm relieved & thankful I hv chosen to do just that.

April 1st, 2016
Pretty Good
I like the Doctor and his staff. Sometimes I am frustrated getting a return call.

March 10th, 2016
A very rude ..and my way are the highway . so called Doctor
I had another Dr.in this office for years..very Pleased !!.Staff always did any they could to help.And about 2 years ago a big climate change.This years it became ever clear Dr Barimo .has everyone .. scared of him .I call to get a chest xXay because i was in alot of pain..so they put home on the phone,with me .nasty,nasty uncaring..had my Xray ..no results no calls.got the results from Simons .said I need ct scan. And also could get my oxygen company to give me a working Machine..no help from office .so i called insurance company to get help.boy was the staff mad at that .so after fighting to get ct scan..a rude person named Shannon .gave me the results.no how are you feeling now !! are come see the Dr.Very clear ..I did not matter..

August 4th, 2015
Incorrect diagnosis
Get the feeling these doctors do not really care for their patients. For 2 months I was in much pain and although I have a history of pancreatitis they just ignored it. 'Sent me for Barium swallow test and told me I had gastritis. Pain got worse and went back. PA told me that he had wanted to order a CT scan but was over ruled by Doctor Barimo. Gave me referrals for gastro specialists that that had waiting periods of a month or more. Could not wait as pain was getting more severe and debilitating. At the suggestion of another gastro specialist that had treated me previously I went to the emergency room ( although Dr. Barimo did not see the urgency and disagreed). I was having another pancreatic attack. Two months of pain that could have been avoided if they had listened to me from the beginning. Needless to say this doctor is not on my top ten list. Looking for another provider that takes my insurance. Was admitted to hospital and treated for my chronic pancreatitis and thank the good Lord and the doctors ant Fl Hospital am pain free today and feeling like a new person.

October 7th, 2014
Wonderful doctor, loving caring and humorous at times. My family loves him!

September 29th, 2014
Wonderful doctor! Love him!

July 2nd, 2014
great doctor!!!
very nice .clean office. organized and efficient as well. Down to earth no nonsense physician. Have been seeing him for 10 years, recommend him to anyone, especially if you are a senior.

November 8th, 2013
NOT HAPPY
Minimal concern for patient needs.Negligent in proactive medicine practices.seemingly oblivious to me as a person. Physicians assistant won't ask for doctor's help when he is unfamiliar with a problem. The front end girls seem to hate their jobs. I mostly saw his PA for the first year, then when I get angry that I never see my Dr. I see him for 10 min and get blown off and told in so many terms that my weight was something I could control, Never mind the medical issue that makes this impossible unless I starve. ( Thank you for the complex ) Do not go here, I call and leave voice mails and no one returns my call. EVER !! I Will never go back !!!!!!!!!!! >;(

October 10th, 2012
Poor Physician

August 21st, 2012
Always seeing physician assistant
Given anti-biotics routinely for sinus infections even though they never work. Never tested with skin cultures and instead sends to emergency room when the diagnosis is ringworm. Physicians assistant won't ask for doctor's help when he is unfamiliar with a problem. If you have to go to a specialist to get proper help, why go to this family practice? The front end girls seem to hate their jobs. Very negative energy, in my opinion. There must be better places for healing.