Dr. Michael Barth MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 4th, 2016
Pointing out some very negative things about Dr Barth
I was Dr Barth's patient for many years. Overall, Dr Barth did a very fine job of keeping me well. He was extremely thorough and caring, however I would like to point out a few negative things. He pushes drugs, which I did not like. He especially pushed Fosamax on me. Fosamax, a bisphosphonate, has many extremely dangerous side effects. It increases the risk of fractures and ends up making bones very brittle. Also I had one mammogram that was questionable, and now I end up with breast cancer. Dr Barth never ordered breast ultrasounds for me, in addition to the mammograms. That would have been the right thing to do, especially since my breasts are extremely dense, and then maybe the cancer would have been spotted a lot sooner. I am extremely unhappy about this. It's very disturbing that Dr Barth did not do what he should have done. Regarding the drug pushing, I did further research and checked out Dr Barth on the "dialing for docs" public watchdog site. I was shocked to see that Dr Barth pocketed almost $5,000 in payoffs and incentives for just last year. This is very, very wrong! It is disgusting and shameful when doctors are in bed with the drug companies like this.

February 19th, 2015
Best Rhuematologist
Dr. Barth is the best of the best; TOP NOTCH! He has been my Rheumatologist for many years and he treats his patients with utmost respect and kindness. He is very knowledgeable and current regarding treatment trends and takes time to explain details and answer questions. I've been to many different Rheumatologists over the years, and he is by far the best!

October 7th, 2013
Stay Away
Awful. Arrogant.

May 25th, 2011
You will NEVER find a BETTER doctor ANYWHER !!E
Dr. Michael Barth is the most knowledgeable, kind, and caring doctor on earth. I have been to many Doctors in my life and there is none more knowledgeable, kind and caring that I've found. He's been at White Oak for a very long time and his practice is moving to Medstar, Bethesda, Maryland and where he goes, I will go! It's almost impossible to find a doctor like Dr. Barth and I encourage you to make an appointment and SEE THE DIFFERENCE! Always on time, so the wait is 5 minutes or less, takes time to listen and he explains in detail. Only two descriptive words you need to hear: Very Competent and Caring!

April 28th, 2011
The Best You'll EVER Find !
You will not find a better doctor anywhere, and I MEAN ANYWHERE ! Very CaringListens CarefullyVery up to dateYou will never have to wait long because he's very efficient yet spends a lot of time with his patients.I've been to so many doctors and he is far beyond any I've ever had. He will be moving his practice to Bethesda soon and you can be sure I will be traveling 2-3 times the distance farther to remain a patient.