Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile
150 N Finley Ave
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
908-340-4800
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  Finger loss  |  show details
by B Lowe on Nov 19th, 2013

DR. Baskies is a great doctor. I had a bad accident at work and almost lost my finger. His original thought after seeing the x-ray was that he was going to have to cut it off. He said to me that when he got in there that he would try to save it. Well he saved it. I still have a finger, although it is not the same at least I still have a finger. He was very caring and wanted to do his best to help me.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
Jun 17th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Baskies for three years now. He has been an excellent doctor and surgeon. He is very attentive to details, through in regards to attaining all pertinent information to make a diagnosis and takes concerns regarding infection seriously. He gets straight to the point and I like his thought process when determining how to handle a situation. He also attends conferences to stay current with new information and technology. His office staff is excellent and competent. He is also very kind when I need to bring my young daughter to an appointment.

|  show details
May 30th, 2013

Unfortunately have to agree with some other reviews that Dr. manner was condescending, challenging, stubborn and it is evident he is unaware of these personal characteristics. Of course, every interpretation is an individual interpretation. My impression is that if all goes well, your experience will be positive. Otherwise, the other side may surface.

|  Wonderul, Polite, Knowlesgable, Kind, and Patient  |  show details
May 14th, 2013

Dr. Baskies is a wonderful doctor. I had a cyst in my wrist and after it being aspirated 2x, he did not feel that a cortisone shot would be helpful to ease the pain and discomfort. He offered it as an option but listed all the pros/cons for me regarding which treatment would be best. Although a lot of surgeons prefer to operate on these sort of circumstances, I did not feel pushed into the decision. The surgery went extremely well with very little scarring. I would highly recommend Dr. Baskies to any of my friends and family. Dr. Baskies was extremely honest and I valued that. He didn't lighten or lesson my symptoms and seemed to understand why I was hesitant to operate. He is overall a wonderful person and extremely caring with his patients.

|  VERY PROFESSIONAL - EASY TO TALK TO  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2012

I HAVE SEEN DR. BASKIES 2CE AND I REALLY LIKE HIM. HE IS PERSONABLE, TAKES ALL THE TIME TO ANSWER ALL OF MY QUESTIONS, GREAT EYE CONTACT AND VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM. I DIDN'T SEE ANY ARROGANCE ABOUT HIM - AS THE OTHER COMMENTS STATED. HE WAS ALL SMILES AND VERY PLEASANT.

|  show details
Aug 22nd, 2011

Dr. Baskie has the best bedside manner and I would recommend him. Best Dr. Ive seen in a long time.

|  Dr. Baskies is unscrupulous  |  show details
Dec 9th, 2010

I had the worst experience with this doctor and definitely would not recommend him. When he provided options regarding a small cyst on my hand, and I chose the option that did not entail surgery (anesthesia, etc.), he blatantly refused to provide treatment because it would not be a permanent solution. At one point during the conversation, he even insulted me by sarcastically apologizing for not being able to assist with making my handing look cosmetically pleasing. His demeanor was arrogant, insulting, and highly unprofessional.

|  Emergency Visit  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2009

I found Dr. Baskies's bedside manner wonderful. In light of my emergency visit, he has been informative, caring, and responsive. I walked away knowing EXACTLY what work he did and was planning on performing next. I can only pray the two surgeries work well

|  Ok but a little abrupt and rude  |  show details
by Cody Spilmaz on Sep 15th, 2009

He seems to know what he's doing but his professionalism is poor, he was rude, didn't even realize he was rude and was a complete idiot when talking to me, condescending and arrogant. Maybe it was a bad day or something but I wouldnt go back.

|  bad manners  |  show details
Sep 2nd, 2009

I don't know how this man is a as medical doctor, but I do know that as a human being he is a complete disgrace. I would not deal with him an any level. My guess is he has burned a lot of bridges.