Dr. Michael Baskin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 10th, 2016
I think Dr Baskin is the most wonderful doctor in the world.

August 16th, 2015
Great Doctor. Long Wait.
As he is one of the few pain specialists in Miami, there is always a long wait to see him. However, Dr. Bascom treats his patients like they are people not numbers. I would recommend his with no reservations.

May 3rd, 2014
Best Doctor
Dr Baskin saved my husband's life. We have know him 5 year's. My husband had Small Cell Lung Cancer and is in remission. He developed something from the radiation and Dr Baskin took care of it. He has a great personality, lovely to talk to and will help you with everything. I read some of your reviews. If you are going there just to get Med's you can forget it. He treat's pain and is very careful what he does. We honestly love him him and would recommend him to everyone. Today my husband is Pain free thank's to Dr Baskin.

March 4th, 2014
Rude, obnoxious, and an overall nasty guy
After waiting 2 hours to see this guy so he can read my MRI, this guy has the audacity to come into the room and give me attitude. In the middle of explaining my MRI he takes a personal call. I tried to ask questions on what he was explaining to me and he rudely cuts me off and is visibly annoyed he has to answer them. He then tells me his recommendations and I tried to explain to him I'm in a lot of pain and have tried chiropractic techniques but cut me off and wouldn't let me finish. I tried to ask what would happen if his recommendations didn't work because these procedures are known not to work for a lot of people, again rudely cuts me off and tells me "well I'll send you to someone else. I know a lot of doctors and surgeons." I tried to then explain that I'm in a lot of pain and have missed a lot of work due to pain and not being able to work and asked if he could prescribe me something and he snapped. Told me he wouldn't prescribe me anything and I should go to the emergency room if I am in that much pain. Are you kidding me?! Needless to say, I don't need to pay a $50 co-pay to be treated like garbage. Don't give this guy your hard earned money!!

October 24th, 2013
The worst of the worst, but he thinks he's the best
After waiting an hour and a half in a room that didn't even have enough seats for all the patients, my visit with Dr. Baskin was 15 mins long, tops. I've seen just about every pain doctor in Miami, and as I listed them off to him, he said he knew them all, which further confirmed no one in Miami had been able to help me. And I've encountered some cranky doctors, but he managed to insult me (infront of my father, I'm 29) within the 15 mins I was there. His staff spoke to me, when THEY felt like, as I stood behind a foggy window. He schedule a procedure, and then told me, "be prepared to wait, because I'm really busy." Well guess what, I'm not waiting. I'm never going back. I'm fortunate to have the means to see a civalized doctor in NY. But to think that one has to fly to NY to receive quality care, is very sad.

April 7th, 2012
Still the Best
I have been Dr. Baskins patient for 5 years. He has always trusted me and my pain over radiology reports. He has been the most instrumental doctor that I have worked with. He was the first doctor that actually checked the results of the MRI and Lumbar Milagram himself. Every other neurosurgeon and radiologist missed the problem that he accurately diagnosed. He found me a great Neurosurgeon that was in my plan and though Im not pain free, he is working on it. I did after 5 years go to another Pain Doctor to verify the problem and solutions. This doctor brought a couple new ideas to the table but overall everything Dr. Baskin said has been correct and verified. I will continue under him because he is the best I have worked with and has a gentle injection touch.