Dr. Michael Bednar Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Bednar?

Nice man and wonderful, conservative doctor

Posted on May 5th, 2015

I slipped and fell at home, catching myself on my palms. Went to urgent care where I was told that one wrist was broken, the other sprained. Next doctor was at Rush. He said both wrists were broken, so I was in two casts at the same time. That doctor wanted to do surgery so I scheduled myself for two days later. I decided to get a second opinion. Dr. Bednar saw my X-rays and after a pleasant greeting, he pronounced: No surgery! I was relieved and shocked that two doctors would have such different opinions. In the end, I went through weeks of discomfort, but Dr. Bednar was right. I did not need surgery, but I did need my family to do almost everything for me for 6 weeks. During my visits, Dr. Bednar was honest, encouraging and patient while I told him all my symptoms. When I was very uncomfortable in the cast that can get wet, they changed it to a regular cast with no hesitation--what a relief to have a more comfortable cast. The cast lady at Loyola was nice, too. I got to know her pretty well!

Baller

Posted on December 11th, 2013

This guy is a boss.

Excellent care x2

Posted on October 19th, 2012

Dr. Bednar treated my husband for a radial fracture of the 4th metacarpal. The ER in Canada where my husband was first treated when he broke the bone said it would require surgery for sure. We elected to come back to the US and found Dr. Bednar. He had scheduled time for my husband for surgery (as this injury usually DOES require surgery), but when he examined him and saw his range of motion, etc., recommended against surgery. It was the right decision; my husband healed completely without a costly surgery and recovery. Went to Dr. Bednar 3 months later when our son broke his index finger; also excellent treatment and followup care from Dr. Bednar. We highly recommend him.

Trigger Thumb surgery

Posted on December 12th, 2011

trigger thumb surgery - successful results

Dr Bednar review