Dr. Michael Bell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

November 8th, 2016
Appointments always started late, once by a half day. Receptionist took an argumentative stance to the point of raising her voice.

August 31st, 2016
Horrible staff
Very rude dishonest staff.

March 14th, 2016
Intelligent but Rushed, Unprofessional, and Uncaring Physician. Not for Peds.
Dr. Bell is highly intelligent, but he sorely lacks personnel skills. He is knowledgeable and can usually give one an accurate diagnosis, but interprets questions in a negative manner. He reasserts his personal credentials in a defensive tone, instead of valuing a parent's right to be his or his child's health advocate. If one asks questions, Bell becomes defensive and visibly upset, even raising his voice in anger. Bell clearly lacks compassion when diagnosing patients with serious illness. He conveys a tone of pride at his arrival at a diagnosis, but misses that a patient's life may have been turned upside-down with stress and shock. He lacks nurturing, follow-up skills that would lend a patient comfort and support. Bell has become clearly overbooked and spread thin, which likely accounts for his declining compassion and patience. However, his medical mistakes in prescriptions, titration schedules, and patient chart confusion make this manifest and scary. His secretary, Valerie, speaks in a rude and condescending tone, and lets one know she definitely cannot be bothered with any additional requests from her or concerns for the doctor. If one has a child with a neurological issue and can manage the drive, I highly recommend visiting the authentic pediatric neurologists in Portland at OHSU's Doernbecher's Children's Hospital. Their quality of care and respect for the patient surpass Bell's on every level.

February 17th, 2016
I find him to be frustrating with his medical diagnosis...he doesn't have the patience for a complex medical condition. He wasn't like my former neurologist, who gave a clear cut PLAN for what to do, if A doesn't work, then we try B and if B doesn't work, then we try C....he seems very rushed and upset when you ask him questions.

April 30th, 2012
Wonderful doctor within his profession
I am still in the process of being diagnosed, but Dr. Bell has been with me for three years and I trust him to listen to me as a person not just a disorder. I do my best as a patient to bring and do what he needs me to do in order for him to do his job. Every peice of his office staff has always been courtious and helpful when I have needed them even when I am in the wrong. The only negative I see is as his popularity and practice grow it is becoming more and more obvious that he is being spread too thin; the last few appointments he has walked in and started a conversation as though I am a diffrent patient. Still there is no one else in the Central Oregon area I would trust with the issues I am having.Thank you Dr. Bell and staff

July 8th, 2011
great Dr very good with my daughter