Dr. Michael Bellino MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

May 2nd, 2016
Best surgical and post op experience to date.

February 27th, 2016
Great Dr. Very friendly and gracious. Surgery went good and after care is amazing!

October 18th, 2015
I absolutely find him a remarkable Dr. The hip replacement is great and the procedure he used left minimal scarring. I was up and around quickly. The after care was just as wonderful as the entire experience with him. His staff are also excellent!!

July 27th, 2015
Just Say No and Go to a Good Hip Surgeon
I wish there were zero stars - or negative - for all elements of his follow-up. His ego is so huge there is no way to communicate with him. I had a full anterior hip replacement with him in 2013 and, subsequently, have one leg 1 cm longer than the other. In X-rays the stem of the implant is too long, tilting the hips to a clearly uneven position. This causes numerous problems. Given that he did not prescribe PT until I asked for it six months following the surgery, the adjunct problems to the length discrepancy went undiagnosed and untreated until advanced conditions developed. He said the failure to prescribe PT "must have been an oversight". When I told him that one leg was longer, he said "No, it is not" . Multiple doctors have confirmed the problem. Given that I've been a competitive runner all my adult life, this condition has changed everything. I have constant back pain, have knee pain, a limp, have continuous PT for the multiple issues, have had a rhizotomy and spinal injections for spinal pain and dysfunction and have to wear lifts in my shoe to even-up the leg lengths - completely unacceptable outcomes in 2015 at a major university and all outcomes of the hip surgery. There is no way I would have ever have selected this guy. He is actually a trauma surgeon and a junior player in the his replacement discipline. There are several world-class hip surgeons in Silicon Valley but I thought Stanford would assure quality. What a joke. I had a snapshot of his attitude - just a little too late - the day I checked out of the hospital when his admonition was: "If you have any questions call Hospital Information. I'll see you in a month." A fine follow up after major surgery. This guy doesn't get it and, with a ton of experience for support, I strongly suggest staying away and going to one of the excellent practitioners in the area. I've since seen a few of them for 2nd, 3rd, 4th opinions...

March 29th, 2015
I trust him 100%
I had my hip replacement from Dr.Bellino. I am so glad I had him do it. I am like brand new. I am very, very grateful, especially since I have seen others who have had this same surgery from other, lesser surgeons, & they are still limping.

January 31st, 2014
excellence
Dr. Bellino is outstanding in all phases of what you hope to find in a surgeon

September 1st, 2012
Greatest, Caring Surgeon
Dr. Bellino has performed many surgeries on me from placing titanium rods in my broken legs and has taken over full care after a poly-trauma incident when I almost passed away. Sometimes the wait is long at Stanford to see him (30 minutes usually) but it is worth the wait. He will talk to you as long as you wish and is very thorough in explanations. He has the most amazing bedside manner and sees his patients in a full suit. He is professional and smart as a whip. I would recommend him to anyone with major ortho trauma. A+ in my book.

November 12th, 2011
I visited Dr. Bellino for hip dysplasia. He recommended a total hip replacement and I decided to proceed. Despite my unique hip structure Dr. Bellino did a fantastic job. Post surgery pain was minimal and I am on minimal pain medication 2 weeks post op. Dr. Bellino is an exquisite surgeon. I am lucky to have crossed paths with him.

January 4th, 2011
My hip replacement
I had my hip replaced by Dr Bellino 3 years ago. It was awesome and the recovery time was quick and uneventful. I can not tell you how lucky I feel to have met Michael Bellino. thanks doc

November 24th, 2010
lifesaver
I was injured in a bad accident.I was sent to Dr, Bellino to have my leg rebuilt.What an awsome job he and his staff did to give me my life back.Because of Dr.Bellino I am walking again.Thank You all.

January 24th, 2010
The Best!
This was my second hip experience; dramatically different from the first. I would say there were three reasons. 1) Dr Bellino is a gentle, kind person...as well as a fine surgeon. 2) His staff is responsive, empathetic and they like him!. 3) The anterior procedure, unlike the alternatives, doesn't cut through your muscles, so the recovery time is way easier.My prior experience was far less pleasant. The doctor was arrogant and unavailable; the staff seemed annoyed when I called, frightened by pain, as if I were interrupting their favorite soap opera; and the muscle pain afterward took months instead of weeks to resolve.The only downside to Dr Bellino is that he is the trauma doc in the ER so sometimes he gets called away for major crises when you have an appointment. But at least his staff is apologetic when this happens. And you can be glad that he's as good a technician as he is...to have that responsibility.

January 9th, 2010
wants to do an in and out surgery..doesn't listen to questions. Does not seem to what to spend any extra time. Does not give clear answers to questions, he is very vague. I waited over 2 hrs, twice, to see him. He seems more interested in trauma work, than hip replacements.