Dr. Michael Bertos MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 13th, 2016
Past Patient
I was a patient of Dr Bertos but had to switch because of my insurance but now I have a different insurance and can now return but as usual, the office staff isn't getting back to me. This was how they also were when I was a patient of his before. The office staff is not very friendly at all. Dr. Bertos is absolutely great, that's why I want to return to him, I wonder if the doctors there know how nasty his office help is.

September 25th, 2016
A DR. WHO REALLY LISTENS TO THE PATIENT.
I , REMEMBER MICHEAL, KICKING A SOCCER BALL, AT A YOUNG AGE AND NOW YRS LATER, HE TURNED OUT TO BE A WONDERFUL CARING , DR WHO LISTENS , TO YOU, NOT RUSHING YOU OUT !! I WOULD TELL ANY ONE WHO NEEDS A GOOD DR. GO SEE, DR MIKE.

September 23rd, 2016
Details, family history, life experiences, mental or medical, very thorough. I would highly recommend Dr. Bertos to anyone. He was highly recommended to me by several registered nurses, about 13 yrs ago.

April 15th, 2016
Finally found a Dr. I can trust and be comfortable talking to about my medical issues.

September 21st, 2015
Exceptional Bedside Manner. Everyone in my family goes to him and I have been with him for about 20 years.

January 6th, 2015
The best, very caring and patient

December 20th, 2013
I am very pleased with Dr. Bertos as a physician. He takes the time to discuss concerns and I feel like he really knows me personally instead of just the peice of paper infront of him. The office staff on the other hand is rude. The woman at the front desk give off a vibe that you are bothering them.

September 16th, 2013
Good doctor with too much going on
Overall Dr. Bertos is good doctor, very pleasant and easy going, knowledgeable. The problem is literally everything else. I've had nothing but problems with scheduling, billing, diagnosis, tests, etc. The only time I can actually see Dr. Bertos is if I make an appointment months ahead of time, otherwise I end up seeing either the nurse practitioner or one of the two other doctors in the office. They're great if I'm just in for a physical, but the vast majority of times I've gone with a real issue, it's been a problem. Even getting the results of bloodwork has been an issue, where I couldn't get anyone to get back to me after leaving multiple messages and getting promises that they'd call me. I eventually picked my results up in person and figured it all out myself by looking online for how to read the lab results. I ended up switching doctors, and I wouldn't recommend these folks.

September 8th, 2012
A Doctor Who Cares & Listens
Dr. Bertos is my 4th doctor, and I have been seeing him for a little over 3 1/2 years. I have Fibromyalgia, and Dr. Bertos is right on top of different medications to use. If I have any complaints about anything, he does not brush you off like a lot of doctors do he listens and will run tests or xrays, what ever it takes to find out what is causing your problem. I was blessed when I found him. So many doctors just brush you off when you tell them something is wrong, but not Dr. Bertos. There is an on site lab for convenience. I would not go anywhere else. He is my doctor for life. The other doctors in this office are awesome to, as well as the nursing staff. I would highly recommend this office and one of the doctors as your primary care doctor.

July 24th, 2012
office staff leaves a lot to be desired
Dr Bertos is excellent but trying to get an appointment over the phone can be a most trying experience. Wait times of over 10 minutes to talk to someone is not uncommon.

October 10th, 2011
RN
Dr Bertos is an excellent physician! He saved my 90yr old mothers life by taking her off Coumadin that was ordered by another physician. When she was on Coumadin she had a fall that created a large bruise and needed to be hospitalized to watch her blood count. My mother's quality of life has changes significantly since off coumadin. Thank you Dr Bertos.

June 22nd, 2011
Daughter of patient
Absolutely outrageous. Dr Bertos discharged my mother from a life care center when she was totally sick and near death. I was visiting from out of state, picked her up at the hospital and took her home. She is 88 years old! When I got her home, she couldn't stand, was completely weak and couldn't keep anything down, not even a bit of water.I called a Visiting Nurse and she recommended calling 911 which we did and got her to the Emergency Room of the hospital. She was very ill with an infection throughout her body and was rushed to intensive care. She is on an IV through the neck with antiobiotics and fluids. She was totally dehydrated also. This is the kind of shape that she was in when "Dr." Bertos released her.I would never recommend anyone to him. I am sure he must never have seen her at all. Too busy playing golf.I am reporting him to the Mass. State Medical Board.