Dermatologist (skin), Internist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  show details
Dec 5th, 2011

Dr. Bigly is a thorough kind physician. he is a little shy at first, but gives thought to the care he provides. he is current with all recent and older studies. he explains a course of treatment thoroughly.he has a dry sense of humor and many interests.

|  Brilliance Trumps Bedside Manner  |  show details
May 11th, 2011

Dr Bigby accurately diagnosed a condition that had been misdiagnosed, with traumatic and harrowing repercussions in my life. He is professional, congenial, caring, superbly trained and obviously in possession of a brilliant medical mind. He works quickly, not because he doesn't care, but because he's bright, well trained, and accurate.I find these reviews to be partially misleading and would entrust Dr Bigby with any necessary diagnosis.He does have an engaging sense if humor, but he is not a time-waster.You want to schmooze------call your BFF on your cell. You want an excellent dermatologist, consult this doctor.

|  Bedside Manner  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2011

- Distracted and uninterested- Sarcastic- Unfriendly- Worst bedside manner- Wouldn't let me talk to explain my problem

|  AVOID at all costs  |  show details
by Former patient on Nov 28th, 2010

The treatment I received from Dr Bigby bordered on malpractice. I came to him with severe acne - rather than scaling me up on accutane (as is general practice) he put me on a high dose which caused flares to the point where I couldn't sleep at night and was on steroids for months. The dermatologists I saw afterwards questioned his judgment, the information he had given me, and his manner in telling me to 'just deal with it'. Thank goodness I only saw him briefly, but the repercussions from his poor treatment and the emotional impact of his lack of care lasted far too long.

|  show details
Mar 26th, 2010

Dr Bigby takes appointments on Martha's Vineyard, the only dermatologist who does. I'm seeking one off-island now because even though I have great faith in his abilities, and am willing to overlook his rather brusque manner, appointments cannot be made earlier that four months out, and a typical wait after the scheduled time, regardless of how early in the morning, is rarely less than forty minutes. I've twice had to leave and re-schedule, which is, as said, months later.