Internists, Critical Care Specialist, Pulmonologist (lungs), Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Southwest Pulmonary Associates
6124 W Parker Rd
Ste 530
Plano, TX 75093
214-778-1075
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Terrific, Fantastic, Caring  |  show details
by Dot Bailey on Sep 24th, 2013

I was so fortunate to find Dr. Blackmon. I drive four hours to see him and he is worth it. He spends 1-2 hours with me at every visit. He is an excellent physician. He truly cares about his patients. He is able to put all the little pieces together and comes up with something he thinks will help you. He's always listening to you. I'm blessed to have him as my physician.

|  Father  |  show details
by Jerry R. Blackmon on Jun 21st, 2013

I havent seen Michael since his graduation speach at high school. I am ashamed of myself but very proud of my son. He and thr rest of my children have accomplished so much more than I have, for that I give thanks. I now live 100 miles away and might as well live a galaxy away. J.Blackmon

Nov 18th, 2010

This doc knows what hes doing

Oct 11th, 2010

Saved my life. Diagnosed my IPF.

by gene eisenmann on Sep 15th, 2010

One of the best in Tx. Maybe in the U.S.Met him on emergency situation and he saved my life. After knowing him, he is the best person you will ever meet. A truly caring Dr.

Sep 8th, 2010

My husband had been complaining about his pain in side that radiated to the chest for several months. He was unable to eat anything but soup or cereal after gallbladder surger which did not help, he continued to have weakness and fell many time. One morning in June 2010 he was falling and disoriented and he was rushed to Tx. Health Plano and was seen by Dr. Blackmon. He began searching for the problem and diagnosed the lung cancer. From diagnosis until his death was 35 days so it was evident the cancer had been growing for sometime. I was so impressed with Dr. Blackmon's dilligence to find the problem.

by Kathleen Duncan on Jun 30th, 2010

I took my Dadto Presbyterianhospital forcrtical care. He neededimmediateattenmtion, tests,etxc. Dr Blackmon hesitated fortwo full days whilemy Daddrew closer to death,ashewent in in critical state. Why did hesitate? Why did he hesitate? He says because he was afraid it would make my dad worse. Worse than what?! He needed to run deep blood gases,and a miriad of tests instead of just sitting there, waiting,he said, for my Dad's condition to improve..can you imagine?! Waiting for him to improve to run the tests to see what was robbing him of his life breath.Now I find out he had only been at the PRESBYTERIAN HOSPITAL OF PLANO FOR ONLY ONE MONTH!WHERE DID THIS GUY COME FROM? WHY DID HE LEAVE THE OTHER PLACE?Why did he do nothing to help my Dad? I hope,and I do pray to God that the day this man,who plays God,will be in the same position my Dad was in, and receive the same, lax, distant, uninformative,disinformative,aloof,uncaring evasive,deceptive,and above all,HESITANT attention he tossed my Dad's way. They did not even havethedecency to tell us a time they would perform a procedure when they finally decided to perform it..all we got was,"some time inthemorning tomorrw". Well,myDad was really having difficulties,sat up all night in chair to get breath, and nurses could have cared less..nobody called the doctor because my Dad was really having difficulties by then. He suffered, gasping for air all night long. While Dr. Blackmon was home cozy in bed.Heaven forbid a nurse should disturb a God/Doctors sleep.I will never forget the horror, and deep sadness that entered my heart when I realized we were dealing with incompetent, uncaring people. Personally,I think they were in a hurry for the bed, and figured my Dad had lived long enough.