A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Bloome:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Bloome is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Bloome, MD, MS is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Bloome graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago.
Dr. Bloome has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital
- Memorial Hermann Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Bloome accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 18 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 4 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 3 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael A. Bloome practice?
Dr. Michael Bloome practices Ophthalmology near Houston, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Conroe, TX and Pearland, TX.
See Houston Ophthalmologists.