A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Bookman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Bookman is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Bookman, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Abdominal Cavity Cancer (Peritoneal Neoplasm)
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Clinical Research
- Female Genital Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Glandular and Epithelial Cancer
- Hodgkin Disease
- Hot Flashes
- Local Neoplasm Recurrence
- Ovarian Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Bookman graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Bookman has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Fox Chase Cancer Center
- University Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Bookman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 4 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 4 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 13 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona - 5 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 5 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Phoenix Health Plan - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael A. Bookman practice?
Dr. Michael Bookman practices Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Hematology & Oncology, Gynecology, and Public Health & General Preventive Medicine near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Tucson, AZ.
See Philadelphia Internists, Philadelphia Oncologists, Philadelphia Obstetricians & Gynecologists, and Philadelphia Preventive Medicine Specialists.