Dr. Michael Brage MD Patient Reviews

December 12th, 2016
wrong diagnosis which turned a minor issue of a young person into a life long impediment, please seek 2nd opinion

October 24th, 2016
Outstanding surgeon
Explained the current status of Total Ankle replacement. Advancements in last 6 years or so. Performed the surgery with no problems, recovery has been fine, severe ankle pain now completely gone. We are blessed to have been referred to Dr. Brage

March 14th, 2016
Strongly advice you seek second opinion on this surgeon.

January 14th, 2016
man of few words. doesn't offer a lot of information...have to ask first.

April 24th, 2014
Where do I even begin, hahaha
First, the wait time: 1 hour wait after the medical assistant who got my vitals left the room. I have never waited longer than 20 minutes for the doc to come before in my life so this was pretty amazing in itself. Second: When someone finally came in, it wasn't Dr. Brage, it was his "nurse" assistant. I had to wait an additional 20 minutes to actually see the doctor. 80 minutes total so far.... Third: Brage came in and we shook hands. Without giving me eye contact. And his hand.... wait for it.... It was limp! I don't care how good of a surgeon you are, if you can't give a proper handshake I wouldn't trust you to with reading an MRI let alone operating. Finally: The guy's attitude was just all around terrible. I don't know how you live to be 54 with a job that includes so much interaction with people and are still socially inept. Either that or he was completely burned out and no longer giving a ****. He even swore under his breath when I had a question about my MRI as he was getting ready to leave.

February 20th, 2014
GAVE ME BACK MY LIFE!!!
I saw Dr, Brage at University of Washington's Sigvard Hansen Foot & Ankle institute at Harborview in Seattle, WA. I had suffered with a 10mm OCD of the talus for 10 years and Dr. Brage offered a fresh allograft procedure. I had global pain of the ankle for years at a pain level of 8-10 that never went away. About 14 hours after surgery I took a dose of pain meds as instructed and slept for 10 hours. When I woke up the global pain was gone! My surgery included a malleolar osteotomy to gain access to the talus and the surgical pain was very minimal requiring pain meds for only a few days. I'm 8 months post op now and could not be happier. Dr. Brage gave me back my life! The entire experience from scheduling to pre-op and surgical staff was top notch and I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Brage or the Foot & Ankle Institute at Harborview.

April 15th, 2012
ankle replacement doing great
I had an artificial ankle put for my arthritic ankle about 3 years ago. I continue to do very well. I am back to walking and have no pain. I am very pleased.

January 6th, 2012
I am walking again
All I can say is that I am walking again when several doctors told me I wouldn't. Dr. Brage was amazing and fixed me with two surgeries after I had a horrendous accident. I thank GOD for Dr. Brage

July 27th, 2011
Doctor Brage
The Doctor is beyond intelligent but a man of few words. but no real people skills are evident...But he does seem to have a good grasp on problems with the feet and ankles.

July 20th, 2011
I went to Dr. Brage with a fractured ankle. Thanks to his surgiqal technique and poor follow-up, my leg is being amputated below the knee.I would not go back to Dr. Brage if every bone in my body was broken. He lets his staff (Amir s - a PA) do his work.I will address my grief with his service and professionalism via l

April 28th, 2011
ankle replacement excellent!
My ankle replacement has gone very well. I am so much better than I was. I still have some aches and pains, but I can walk a lot more. I can sleep at night. Dr. Brage is professional and quiet. He will stay until all your questions are answered. He will answer your questions honestly. What more could you ask for?

November 7th, 2010
Excellent Doctor
My ankle bone, the talus, was badly broken in a bike accident. I had surgery by Dr. Brage who did an amazing job putting the bone back together. I am healed and in therapy. I am grateful to have such a skilled doctor.