Dr. Michael Broom MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 18th, 2016
Dr Broom is a God send to anyone with a back injury. For 15 years Dr Broom has been very responsive to my needs. His staff and PA's are fantastic. A regular visit is comfortable and reliably helpful. Pain management is very reliable. I would recommend Dr Broom with glowing report!

October 25th, 2016
Excellent care
I had a herniated disc in my back that kept me in constant pain. Dr. Broom tried 3 epidurals to resolve the problem. When that didn't work he performed a discectomy. I am now pain free and have my life back. I am very grateful to Dr. Broom for his excellent work.

September 12th, 2016
Patient
Best orthopedic in Orlando - kind, caring As a RN, Dr. Broom is the only one I would allow to do my extensive back surgery Wonderful care before & after surgery

July 14th, 2016
One of the finest doctors I have known.

March 28th, 2016
I had a very horrible experience with an orthopedic from Orlando Health so I was referred to Dr Broom who was amazingly compassionate I highly recommend him

October 31st, 2015
Simply disappointed!!!
After 1 hour waiting in the waiting room plus 45 minutes in a tiny little room I finally had the "pleasure" to see this doctor for no more than 5 minutes. He didn't even touch my body to verify my problem. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. Waste of time and money!!!

September 29th, 2014
Surgery
I was very happy with the experience before and after the surgery. Left with zero pain after 3 months of extreme pain. Six months later I am back in the gym and on my motorcycle. Staff very friendly PA's are great.

May 13th, 2013
Got an excellent reference for Dr. Broom from another highly regarded Ortho surgeon. I chose Dr. Broom from 4 other surgeons after my initial consultation. The examination was punctual and complete. Dr. Broom explained my condition and outlined the surgery he recommended be done, providing all the details on success rates and likelihood for recovery. The PA (Rob) went out of his way to spend extra time with me to take me through the surgery step by step, answering every question I had in detail. Couldn't have been more informative. The day of surgery, I could barely walk and was in great pain. The PA put me at ease, joking to relieve anxiety. An hour later I woke from the discectomy surgery, was sitting up and all of my pain was gone. Could have walked out of surgery center but they won't let you. 4 weeks later I am back doing light exercise, seeing improvements every day, and have my life back. I expect to be back at tennis and golf in a couple of months. Thank you Dr. Broom.

April 25th, 2013
Helped me a lot.
I was referred to Dr. Broom after having a bad experience with Orlando Orthopedics. What a difference. Dr Broom is personable and explained things. I've followed up with his PAs and they are good and the one time I asked to see Dr Broom again they made an appointment right away. One hint, ask for PA Robert instead of Rob. They are both nice but Robert doesn't seem as rushed as big Rob and spends more time with this old lady. :) (I like a lot of reassurance when I am cranky and in pain)

March 13th, 2013
one of the best doctors around
i was hurt at work in 2000 and at the time my lawer got me in to see Dr.Broom and i was so suprised when i got there . The waiting room was a little small but when i seen him he took his time with me and then in 2004 i had to get a fusion in my back . I was not sure what to do when the DR told me what was going on .I ask to talk to Dr Broom and he took the time to explane what was going on and then when i ask him if he thought this was the best thing to do ..He told me it was up to me and that is when i knew i had found a dr worth going to ..He did not push me into getting it done but yet he a sured me that if i did i was in good hands ... i have been going to him almost 13 years His office is like my family and they know i live far away so they always make it easy for me to get my appointments ...that is why no matter were i move to agine i will make sure i still go to him . sence the frist vist they have moved into a biger place which i like ... The only thing my husband says they can do better is get move moives to watch while he is waiting for me ...Iam telling everyone to go to Dr Broom ... thank you so much staff and Dr Broom and the other two Dr. while done

March 6th, 2013
Great experience. Like what doctors USED to be.
Dr Broom spent a lot of time with me on my first visit. I had surgery with another doctor that will remain nameless that was less than successful. Dr Broom suggested epidurals which helped and some medicine which stopped the pain shooting down my leg. His PA Robert is super nice and I have followed with him since. The other PA isn't as good but not bad enough to complain about. Just not as personable. But the best part is that the staff is SO NICE. From the front desk through the epidual scheduler girl everyone is friendly. To me this means he must treat his staff well and they like working for him which means a lot.

February 22nd, 2013
not personal,
Not what I expected from a doctor with such experience and from one that came recommended.