Psychiatrists

2700 Tibbets Dr
Suite 404
Bedford, TX 76022
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  Cruel and Unprofessional  |  show details
by Unhappy on Mar 26th, 2013

Don't go to this doctor. He talks over you and doesn't listen. If he doesn't like you, he will be rude to you. He is unprofessional and doesn't care about your needs. He thinks only his opinions count and doesn't care about how you feel or how the medications are not working. If you want a doctor that doesn't listen or care about you make sure you go to him. He needs to retire. If he hates what he does, why keep working and making others lives miserable.

|  Beware  |  show details
Apr 27th, 2011

I am not happy with my 10 minute appointment with Dr Brophy I will be consulting a different doctor from now on. Being overmedicated by him for several years almost ruined my life and for that I can't forgive him. I saw him today to explain that I was feeling great after not taking meds for 3 months. Err I'm not sure but stay off them then and come back and see me in a month....really!!!!

Aug 31st, 2010

Dr. Brophy sees his patients on a regular basis and is always willing to listen. His bedside manner is good and keeps spirits up and listens to his patients.

|  Thanks  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Apr 14th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Thank you Dr. Brophy. I felt as though you genuinely cared about me. I am doing well after a close call with an overdose. I am doing well...

by no on Aug 20th, 2009

he is mean! i hate him!

|  I am still alive in spite of Dr. Brophy  |  show details
by Anthony Tucker on Oct 3rd, 2008

Dr. Michael H. Brophy failed to practice the Hippocratic oath in my case. It makes me question whether others were treated in the same haphazard, careless way. He misdiagnosed my condition for about 6 years. I came to him with an anxiety disorder and ADHD. He misdiagnosed me as bipolar & severe depressive disorder with anxiety. I was treated with many SSRI's and other drugs including Paxil, lithium, depacote, imipramine, wellbutrin, zoloft and xanax. I continued to see him throughout my college years because he prescribed me xanax 2 mg. 4 x a day which helped with my ADHD by calming me down enough to sit through a class. I kept telling him that nothing but the xanax worked but he kept using me as a guinea pig with different meds that were totally wrong for my condition. Dr. Brophy was the attending psychiatrist at Harris Methodist Hospital where I was admitted one afternoon after I left the gym. I was a bodybuilder who tried GHB when it was legally sold at my gym. When I left the gym the GHB hit me and I fell asleep at a traffic light. I was taken by ambulance to Harris Methodist Hospital where Dr. Brophy came to see me since he was on call. He had me sign 3 forms on which I could barely make my mark in my condition. I did not question signing because I trusted him as my psychiatrist. Big mistake! The forms absolved him of any responsibility as my psychiatrist. This action was diametrically apposed to the Hippocratic oath he took. I was now without a doctor and on the maximum human dose of xanax a day. I tried to get another psychiatrist to help me get off the xanax, but this was useless. I soon went into withdrawal from the xanax that lasted 3 months and landed me in the hospital 4 times for seizures from abruptly stopping the medication. If you read the bottle it warns you never to just stop taking the medication. He was fully aware of the problems I was having, but dropped me as a patient in a spiteful way. I have not trusted a psychiatrist or doctor since. Dr. Brophy is directly responsible for my use of street drugs to try to self medicate the absence of the xanax. I am presently getting my life back together with the help of a specialist in Florida. I hope no one will trust Dr. Brophy with their lives like I did.

|  Still alive in spite of Dr. Brophy  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Oct 3rd, 2008 on insiderpages.com

|  Shouldn't be a psychiatrist  |  show details
by Zanna on Jun 15th, 2008

My visit started with having to wait for him to get to the office. He had me fill out a form and them just gave me a chice of 2 medications to take. He didn't ask me any questions or make any suggestions regarding current medications and treatment. He pushed me out the door and there were 2 drug reps waiting and he called them in. I guess my health wasn't as important as the free sample they had!

May 20th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr. Brophy has been my bipolar doctor for over 10 years. I can't say enough good things about him. He really knows his stuff. If you are looking for one of the best - go see Dr. Brophy.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
 |  Glad to have him as a doctor  |  show details
by Citysearch User on May 27th, 2005 on insiderpages.com

This doctor has gone out of the way to provide service for my daughter who needs psychotrophic medication. He cares about her mental well b...