Dr. Michael Burks Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Burks?

Most Compassionate Doctor ever

Posted on November 2nd, 2016

He was very kind and thorough. He explained everything. He prepared us and walked us through everything to reduce anxiety. I love this doctor!! He is a real, loving human being who treats others as precious human beings-that is quite difficult to find anymore...

Posted on August 16th, 2016

I wouldn't refer my worst enemy to this guy. His staff is horrible! The office manager is his daughter, and she doesn't know how to relate to people. She is just concerned about the money! If you want a copy of your records sent to another doctor, be prepared to lose an arm, leg and eyeball because you have to pay for that! And if you have a question, you will never get a call back, so you have to page him through the hospital. It used to be a nice place to go before his entire staff quit. They were always nice and would get things done. Now, that place sucks!!

Long time patient.

Posted on September 17th, 2015

Dr. Burks has been my physician for 23 years. I went to him because I was past 40 and had a high risk pregnancy. Since then, my three daughters became patients and they also think he is terrific. Fifteen years ago he delivered my granddaughter and 4 months ago, he delivered my grandson. In all these years, he has solved some serious problems. He's not just a doctor, but a very intelligent scientist, that keeps carefully up-to date on the latest findings, and knows how to carefully explain things so a layperson can understand. He is very honest and extremely hardworking. I never take the time to write reviews, but this is a very exceptional doctor that deserves better recognition. If you are concerned about your health, this is your guy. If you are only concerned about timing, you have failed to notice that he is spending that time helping others in the same manner that he will help you. With all the hundreds of babies he delivers each year, the long office waits have been few and far between.

Posted on September 17th, 2012

I wanted a doctor who was supportive of a VBAC. Dr. Burks whole heartedly supported my decision to have a VBAC, even after having two cesareans. He has delivered so many babies, he was completely at ease and confident when I delivered my baby naturally after two cesareans. He is not a part of a large group of doctors. If he is your doctor he will be delivering your baby. He also has a great bedside manner. I was extremely happy with him.

Disappointed

Posted on April 3rd, 2012

Great bedside manner, but always have an hour or more wait for an appointment. Office staff unfriendly and the doctor had a lot of meetings and was unavailable when I needed him. Tough time with follow up and prescriptions and other needs. Overall I am glad I decided to go with a different practioner.

I LOVE Dr. Burks and his entire staff

Posted on August 3rd, 2011

Great Dr but Staff is awful

Posted on May 16th, 2011

Dr Burks is a great doctor but his staff is truly lackin in the skills necessary to provide support to his patients. The wait time is long but expected in an OBGYN office. Getting someone in the office to return calls promptly or at all is almost impossible. There were times we talked to one person only to continue to be passed around. They lost documentation we faxed over and the staff passed the blame from one to the other.

Best doctor EVER

Posted on January 25th, 2011

This doc is fabulous!! We had difficulty conceiving and were told this was the doctor to see! He genuinely cares about you and wants to see you fulfill your dream of getting pregnant, even if he has to refer you to another doctor to have it done! He called me the night before a major surgery I was having and he wasn't even the doctor that was performing it! Yes you will wait a while in the waiting room for him. . . that's because he just delivered someone's baby and is running late or he's taking that extra time to make sure ALL of someones questions are answered to their FULL understanding. . . if it was you with the questions wouldn't you want that? My suggestion is bring a book ;o)

Pleasantly surprised

Posted on October 7th, 2010

I am currently pregnant with my third child. I have seen 4 different OB's besides Dr. Burks and heard about dozens more. He surpasses all of them in bedside manner, showing concern, and taking time to answer any and all questions. He's also not narrow minded and simply profit motivated. I cannot say enough about how wonderful my prenatal visit was. I knew there must be an OB out there that liked their job and would treat me like a human being, but I didn't know where to find one. I have found one and I'm eternally grateful to him for the different path my prenatal visits are sure to take. My mind is at ease now that I've found an awesome provider.

Family Planning

Posted on May 26th, 2010

If you are wanting to plan for a family this is the wrong doctor to help you if you aren't a patient already. I had to wait almost two months before I could see him and the waiting period was over an hour. Two "regular" patients walked in and were seen by him before me. When he scheduled my procedure he was an hour and half late. Since then I have called three days in a row to ask what my next step is and no one in the office has any idea and does not return my call. Please consider another doctor if you are not already a patient of Dr. Burks.

Posted on January 26th, 2016