Orthopedic Surgeons, Surgical Specialist, Pediatric Surgeon
Video profile
Address Not Verified
Tampa, FL 33626
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Bob Gibson on Jul 14th, 2014

I had complete shoulder replacement done by Dr. Buscemi on June 18, 2014. I must praise the doctor for work performed. He is a wonderful surgeon. I had very little pain. He has a great bedside manner and a really good sense of humor. Anyone needing any type of joint replacement, Dr Buscemi is the doctor that should be doing it. All of his team are also really friendly and helpful. I am very pleased with my results. Thank you Dr. Buscemi

|  HORRIBLE STAFF  |  show details
by Elizzabeth B Davila on Jan 30th, 2013

Upon my one & only visit to Dr. Buscemi all was well disguised with the Office Staff....the doctor himself was pleasant and thorough. My HUGH COMPLAINT is the office staff...very rude and incompentant.....can not even process a clients file or paperwork correctly. They lost my information. I went to an appoint on Dec 20 and was given a form to go to outpatient services. The staff makes you believe this is ok however the procedure needed to be approved by the insurance company. This is the office staffs job to call and submit paperwork to the insurance company. They are avoiding their responsibilities and not performing their work. Today is January 30 and I never got the outpatient services and have recieved nothing but the run-around and rude responses from the staff. The office manager would not even speak to me. I did take the initiative to call my insurance company and try to follow through as to what I should do. Their response was: THE DOCTORS OFFICE NEEDS TO DO THIS.......... I tried speaking to them & explaining the procedure but they refused to assist...Every word out of their mouths was avaoiding responsibility. Tracey who ever she is was the rudess most disrespectful person ever. Selly appears nice but bites like a snake & over talks the patient. Janet the office manager avoids calls. PLEASE DO NOT GO HERE......it is a pit of confusion and aggravation. Dr, Buscemi you need ALL NEW staff.

Jul 22nd, 2012

I fell and hurt my knee. I went to the office in pain, they did x-ray, he found nothing there, no medications prescribed. He sent me for MRI, the technitian told me the resuLts will be sent the next morning to your dr. The staff didn't notify me that the results were there, I call to know about them and that I was in pain and the lady was very rude she told me that she wasn't authorize to give results, I told her I know that I just want an appointment to get my results and a prescription for pain she told me we are going to call you to schedule for surgery. Schedule for surgery?! I waited 2 wks and then I went there and she asked me why are you here I told you I was going to call you. After two weeks and schedule me for surgery for what? I told her I want my results then one of the dr call me in and he said I had a torn ligament and I need an operation. Why they didn't tell me that before!? No communication, they simply don't care all they want is your MONEY. And of course, I am getting another dr.

|  Horrible, Run, don't let him touch you!!  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2012

He left me with one leg about an inch longer than the other, he never told me this could happen, I am now in more pain than before the surgery and when I confronted him about it his answer was 'deal with it'. Run as fast as you can to another doctor.

Apr 20th, 2012

I have degenerative joint disorder that has interrupted my lifestyle. My first consult with Dr. Buscemi involved a knee thirteen years after arthroscopic surgery. I had Synvisc 3 injections prior to my visit with him a month later. The injections worked on one knee but the other needed replacement. After Xrays showed a diseased knee surgical replacement was my option to regain independence. Dr. Buscemi has been my doctor since 2009, and I now have a total knee, and right as well as left total hip replacements. I am six weeks out of my hip replacement using a cane outdoors sometimes. Dr. Buscemi was highly recommended to me by church family who are former patients. His bedside manner is impeccable, and he listens intently. I thank God for his skills, and for for those in his employ.

|  Rude Doctor-Rude staff  |  show details
Dec 2nd, 2011

This guy is rude beyond belief. Don't waste your time and money with him. His staff is even worse!

|  Terrible staff  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2011

I am writing this review about Dr. Bucsemis extremely arrogant, rude, and unhelpful staff. I was referred to the Dr. for a second opinion by another Dr. before he operated on my shoulder tear. When I spoke to his staff the first time to set up the appointment, they asked me the usual questions: if I had any insurance, and whos going to pay for the visit. I gladly gave them my auto insurance information (this was because of an auto accident) also gave her my health insurance information too. We set up a day for the appointment and everyone was happy, well until a couple of days later when the calls started. Lady calls me at home asking to me provide her with my insurance provider and who is going to pay for the visit and the whole nine yards. So I gave her the insurance info, which I had already provided her with a few days before. Also let her know that I did have a credit card as well to pay for the one time visit just in case two insurances wouldnt pay for this routine Dr. visit. A few days later the call come at the office: Sir, we want to make sure you have enough insurance to pay for this visit. It was the same lady to whom I had given my insurance information twice, and also offered a credit card to pay for this visit just in case the insurance wouldnt cover a $300- $500 visit. But, at the same time I couldnt help getting the feeling the call came from a used car dealer rather than a respected doctors office. I couldve been frigging Chewbacca for this lady cared as long as I had insurance, which I repeat: two insurance companies and a credit card were involved in the matter. Instead I offered that she fax me the forms to fill out and she could also call my attorneys assistant to make sure I had insurance. Although I cant really describe this ladys tone of voice on the phone, nonetheless as I continued to assure her that the doctor was going to get paid on time the first used car dealer feeling became even stronger. So finally made it to the visit day, 8:00 am Im at the doctors office for my appointment and finally get to meet the famous assistant. At this point, in addition to the arrogant and rude adjectives I already used Id like to add incompetent when I describe this lady. After asking me for insurance information three times, talked to my attorneys assistant having provided her with filled out forms containing all my information so they can get paid; she looks at me and says well, your health insurance address is missing from the form so you need to call your health insurance and get their address Mind you but again, my auto insurance is paying for this 1 TIME visit and you have all that and besides that it is 8:00 am and insurance office opens in 2 hours so I cant call anyone. Oh, and by the way being that you are a doctors office you have a list of all insurance providers addresses where you send your requests for payments. So you can let me see the doctor now. She handed me my papers back and said: come back when you have that address on the form. At this point I felt the guilt of comparing a noble used car dealer to these bottom feeders because that what this office is made out of arrogant, incompetent, rude, bottom feeder individuals who have no compassion or care for their patients needs!

Feb 9th, 2011

I trained as a surgical technician and worked with some of the most skilled physicians, but I never met a doctor who possessed human traits along with the skills that make them successful until I was diagnosed and treated by Dr. Buscemi. His knowledge, skills, and bedside manners are to be applauded. He replaced a total knee, and a total hip. My recovery was as he said, and I tried to be obedient in order to recover as he suggested, and I did. All who knew my situation were amazed, but I owe the gratitude to GOD for sending me to this doctor. I thank GOD for you Dr. Buscemi.

|  wonderful surgeon  |  show details
Jul 28th, 2010

I had a total knee replacement on 6/23/2010. The doctor made me feel comfortable about the procedure and took time to explain what would be done and he answered all of my questions.Post-op care has gone smoothly. Wait time in the waiting room is minimal and he takes time to talk and answer questions.His staff is friendly and helpful. Appointments are scheduled quickly to work with a patient's schedule.I highly recommend this surgeon.

|  Dr who cares  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2010

Dr. Buscemi always has been great.