Dr. Michael Chen MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Columbus, OH

3.6

July 2nd, 2014
Not Returning
I went to see Dr. Chen because I have a few bumps and patches I wanted him to check out. None of them are particularly large, but they bother me. Many are on my face, and I wanted to see what my options were. I had read online about many procedures that were available to treat what I had determined the bumps were. Dr. Chen confirmed my self-diagnoses but his bedside manner left much to be desired. He was very dismissive if my concerns. He made me feel vain because I wanted to get rid of unsightly bumps. I was very confused, because other people in the internet world were able to take care of these things easily. I will not be returning to him again.

July 31st, 2013
Great Doctor
This is the first time I went to see Dr Chen because I had very bad face skin irritation. He was very polite and friendly. After I mentioned that I didn't feel good after taking the medications that he provided to me. He found that the pharmacist gave me the wrong doses of medications. He contacted my pharmacy and corrected my medications. He again made sure that I was following the right procedures in order to treat my problems with my medications. He is the most caring doctor I ever have. Now my skin irritation is getting much better as he could determine what I should have for my conditions correctly and professionally. If you need to find a doctor to see your skin problems, you should find Dr Chen. He would be the right doctor for you.

July 21st, 2013
If you value your time and life stay away. Any doctor who has a cancer counter on website is an arrogant fool. My records and diagnosis was crossed with a patient of same name.

July 3rd, 2013
Good Doctor
Today is my first day and he is a very good doctor I ever see. he took his time and explained. I definitely recommend this doctor to every one.

May 28th, 2013
Excellent doctor
I do not write reviews usually but before going to Dr. Chen I have read some reviews here and almost canceled my apportionment even I was referred to Dr Chen by my family doctor. My experience was very good. Dr Chen was very professional and helpful. He explained my condition to me, answered all questions, and made needed treatments. I would highly recommend Dr. Chen.

November 11th, 2012
Worst Dermatologist
Dr Chen is probably the worst doctor I have ever been to. Not only did he massacre my arm when removing a mole but he also prescribed me a medicine known to cause serious birth defects without even asking if I was pregnant or planning on getting pregnant. I only found this out after doing my own research once the medicine started making me sick. Overall, there is a great deal knowledge, care, and skill that is lacking here. After going to him it became apparent that he does not have the experience a doctor with their own practice should have. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone I know.

August 9th, 2011
excellent doctor
Dr. Chen is very patient and answered all my question. He did a careful body check for possible skin cancer and removed some benign growths. He found a melanoma on one of my friends and removed it. She recommended him to me and I like his careful approach to detecting any cancer. He takes his job seriously but does have a sense of humor. I will have him do a yearly skin check up for me because i trust him.Doing a careful skin screening does take time and since Dr. Chen takes the time to do it right, he does run behind. That often happens with careful doctors.

February 15th, 2011
Dr. Chen was very patient and answered all of my questions. I would recommend him to anyone concerned with changes in their skin. He also found a melanoma on my father and addressed the problem, for which we are very thankful.

January 10th, 2011
Does a good job explaining tings. Uses analogies to help me understand.

September 14th, 2010
Real good experience.

July 11th, 2010
Never Again!!!!
I was in tears the entire time I was in his office. Unkind and Uncaring. I left and found a new dermatologist that SAME day.

January 15th, 2010
This guy seemed like he didn't care at all about my problems. He did not take much time with me and acted very "cocky". His bedside manner is terrible, not patient friendly at all.