Dr. Michael Schwartz MD Patient Reviews

3.3

• Good
  • Bad

August 18th, 2016
Good suegeon, but bedside manner poor
Before the surgery he seemed to take his time with me and really gave me a lot of information. Along with this the nurses were very comforting before surgery, and had multiple people explain what they would be doing. Sadly he and his office are not perfect. I have gone to his office multiple times and if you go by 2 the wait will take at least an hour, and have even seen people who came after me go back before me. Luckily if you can get out of work or school at noon the wait will be much less. Along with this after my post survey visit it seemed like he was rushing and didn't want to hear my very few and reasonable questions. Along with this he gave me no information about my brace or crutches. Lastly he scheduled my next appointment 4 weeks, which would be almost 6 weeks after surgery. I know multiple other people who have had this surgery, and have read multiple FAQs and they all have appointments at 1, 2, 4-6. Once again I feel he is an excellent surgeon, but there is still much to be improved.

May 2nd, 2016
The best!
He's the best at what he does. I highly recommend him.

April 27th, 2016
Wrong diagnosis, unnecessary surgery, irresponsible... patient's night mare.

March 28th, 2016
Dr. Schwartz was outstanding. He took the time to listen to me and he did a very thorough exam. His staff was also very nice. Overall it was an outstanding experience

August 10th, 2015
Have had three knee surgerys with DR. Schwartz- tore both of my ACLs in high school and was young when I first met him. ACLs healed okay- was never impressed with his bead side mannors since they are non existent. Recently had to have a third surgery with him and am extramly disappointed. There's only so much a patient can take with his arrogance- I strongly feel he doesn't care about what I describe I'm feeling or listen to what I have to say- with after being a patient for over 10 years is disheartening. DO NOT RECOMEND. Please do your research and find someone who cares and is capable before seeing him.

June 29th, 2015
THIS DR. WHOMEVER HE IS (NEVER GOT TO SEE HIM) NEEDS SOME OFFICE MANAGEMENT
I would never recommend this Dr. or his office to anyone. Arrived for a 11:15 Appt at 10:45....spent 15 minutes waiting to be given paperwork and then another 10 minutes watching the receptionists chatting by the xerox machine until the assist copied my papers. They were not talking business. Cut to the chase after 10 mins with a very lovely intake lady I was given a gown and sat on a chair waiting for an xray while the lines and crowds piled up in the hall. At quarter to 1:00 and 3 magazines later I was called into xray at which point I decided that I did not an xray from this office and I wanted no services. If you have nothing better to do with your life and have over what was obviously going to be 2 + hours to spend before even getting to see the Dr. then be my guest. I noted to the front desk my complaint and that I did not want to be charged for waiting around. I will be contacting Medicare and AARP Supplemental

February 14th, 2015
Knee surgery
Best doctor in the land! Had knee surgery , couldnt went any smoother.

February 12th, 2015
look for another doctor
OMG...please believe the other low scoring reviewers. This doctor staff us rude and simply ignore you when you ask quesyions. In fairness Maria who made our pointment us fantastic but the rest of his staff is uncaring. The wait was over 70 minutes then the wait in the room was another 30 minutes. The evaluation of my knee lasted 5 minutes during which he poked and prodded me even though I screamed out in paOMG...please believe the other low scoring reviewers. This doctor staff us rude and simply ignore you when you ask quesyions. In fairness Maria who made our pointment us fantastic but the rest of his staff is uncaring. The wait was over 70 minutes then the wait in the room was another 30 minutes. The evaluation of my knee lasted 5 minutes during which he poked and prodded me even though I screamed out in pain as he did this...very unfeeling. He attempted to drain the knee but failed in my opinion to apply any numbing agent and again nothing came out. I had to plead for a cortisone injection and again Schwartz did not apply any numbing agent. I also had to plead for pain medications till I could get approval for MRI. THIS DOCTOR IN MY OPINION IS AWFUL WITH NO REGARD FOR A PATIENT'S PAIN, HE IS VERY QUICK AND DOES NOT REALLY LISTEN TO YOUR ISSUES. GET ANOTHER DOCTOR OR AT LEAST ANOTHER OPINION.

January 19th, 2015
Excellent Doctor
I never submit reviews online, but I feel the need to submit one for Dr. Schwartz. He has been treating me and my family for many years, and we wouldn't think about seeing another orthopedist. Dr. Schwartz is a smart and caring doctor who always answers our questions. Sometimes there's a wait to see Dr. Schwartz, but that's medicine these days (and wouldn't it concern you if you walked into your doctor's waiting room and it was empty??). I highly recommend Dr. Schwartz.

June 20th, 2014
Patient
This doctor is terrible. I was having knee pain in both knees. He tells me to try and squat - reluctantly I tried. When I fell onto my knees, his reply was "I thought that would happen" - what an idiot. Will never see the man again. My business partner had knee surgery by this man, and it was a honorable experience.

July 28th, 2012
Unpleasant experience!
Could not believe how unprofessional and without care this doctor handled my situation. The wait time was ridiculous and it seems he is all about numbers. No care for the person...

October 25th, 2011