Dr. Michael Cantrell MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 11th, 2017
workman's comp insurance puppet
he will only do what makes the insurance company happy,I saw him for a shoulder injury that happened at work.He said it was likely arthritis from some old injury and I'd just have to live with the pain.I persisted that it happened at work, aprox. 2 months later he performed surgery and repaired 3 tears in that shoulder.a far cry from some old injury(there was no old injury).This outright lying should be criminal

June 12th, 2017
Dr. Cantrell is very nice and takes lots of time and even answered all our questions. He understands how important my daughter's gymnastics is to her when treating her injuries.

May 9th, 2017
Great experience wish I had done the shoulder a couple years ago. Very low key but through

April 21st, 2017
Very conscientious, caring and professional
His diagnosis procedures were thorough before rendering a final diagnosis. He offered several treatment options for my consideration.

April 21st, 2017
He listens to the patient in addition to preforming necessary test.
Dr Cantrell is a thorough and concerned doctor.

One of the Best
He is on of the best orthopedic doctor in town. Very professional and great bed side manner physician.

April 21st, 2017
He listens! He was kind and looked me in the eye. He fixed my problem! Very talented surgeon. I will definitely recommend him to family and friends. I had a great experience.

April 21st, 2017
Very pleased with my visit with Dr. Cantrell. The staff was very courteous as well. Most of all my shoulder is feeling much better! We made an appointment for my husband to see him for his knee next week, would highly recommend.

February 7th, 2017
Look Elsewhere!
Had the misfortune of being scheduled with Dr Cantrell and regret the decision to see a local orthopedic center. He seemed annoyed to have to be there, rolled his eyes if I dared ask a question about my injury. Rather then enlighten me about possible serious complications at my appointment he said that he would discuss those at my next appt. I don't judge a doctor on his personality (some of the best have none) however I don't want to be in great pain and feel as if I am burdening you by being there, not to mention him behaving as if a question asked of him is coming from a total idiot.

December 21st, 2016
Div 1 soccer player that may never play again,
6 months post op and my daughter cannot run. She has terrible pain if she attempts. We are currently driving to FL to see a specialist. We were concerned and asked questions but didn't feel we were being heard by Cantrell. My daughter's life long dream and all her hard work to play college soccer appear to be over. We are heartbroken.

October 26th, 2016
Horribl, go elsewhere
Awful, rude, unprofessional

August 23rd, 2016
Seek help elsewhere!
I saw Dr. Cantrell when my own regular physician was out of town. He was rude, abrasive in personality and body language. Very poor bedside manner, poor communication skills, and did not want to answer questions we asked. Provided shots in my knees to help ease the pain, and hit the bone in both of my knees causing severe pain. When I didn't get up and walk right out of the room after the shots, he complained that I was taking too long in the exam room and moved me out into the hallway! I will NEVER agree to see this physician again, and I feel TOC should consider who they allow into their practice a little more carefully. He lowers the standard of the entire practice.