Dr. Michael Cantrell MD Patient Reviews

• Trauma Surgery Huntsville, AL

April 21st, 2017
Very conscientious, caring and professional
His diagnosis procedures were thorough before rendering a final diagnosis. He offered several treatment options for my consideration.

April 21st, 2017
He listens to the patient in addition to preforming necessary test.
Dr Cantrell is a thorough and concerned doctor.

One of the Best
He is on of the best orthopedic doctor in town. Very professional and great bed side manner physician.

April 21st, 2017
He listens! He was kind and looked me in the eye. He fixed my problem! Very talented surgeon. I will definitely recommend him to family and friends. I had a great experience.

April 21st, 2017
Very pleased with my visit with Dr. Cantrell. The staff was very courteous as well. Most of all my shoulder is feeling much better! We made an appointment for my husband to see him for his knee next week, would highly recommend.

February 7th, 2017
Look Elsewhere!
Had the misfortune of being scheduled with Dr Cantrell and regret the decision to see a local orthopedic center. He seemed annoyed to have to be there, rolled his eyes if I dared ask a question about my injury. Rather then enlighten me about possible serious complications at my appointment he said that he would discuss those at my next appt. I don't judge a doctor on his personality (some of the best have none) however I don't want to be in great pain and feel as if I am burdening you by being there, not to mention him behaving as if a question asked of him is coming from a total idiot.

December 20th, 2016
Div 1 soccer player that may never play again,
6 months post op and my daughter cannot run. She has terrible pain if she attempts. We are currently driving to FL to see a specialist. We were concerned and asked questions but didn't feel we were being heard by Cantrell. My daughter's life long dream and all her hard work to play college soccer appear to be over. We are heartbroken.

October 26th, 2016
Horribl, go elsewhere
Awful, rude, unprofessional

August 23rd, 2016
Seek help elsewhere!
I saw Dr. Cantrell when my own regular physician was out of town. He was rude, abrasive in personality and body language. Very poor bedside manner, poor communication skills, and did not want to answer questions we asked. Provided shots in my knees to help ease the pain, and hit the bone in both of my knees causing severe pain. When I didn't get up and walk right out of the room after the shots, he complained that I was taking too long in the exam room and moved me out into the hallway! I will NEVER agree to see this physician again, and I feel TOC should consider who they allow into their practice a little more carefully. He lowers the standard of the entire practice.

June 18th, 2016
Knee surgery
This Dr. is excellent. Takes the time needed, answers questions and is not in a rush to do surgery but when it finally got to that point he did.

May 2nd, 2016
shoulder surgery no help
he thought I wasn't old enough yet to have a shoulder replacement and only scraped the bones, I was in pain before and after the surgery. Went elsewhere and had a shoulder replacement and am happy now.

March 22nd, 2016
Nice, but left me still with same problem
He is very nice, but after a year of dealing with the same problem and doing physical therapy with medicine and steroid injection, he then gave me no other option. I am not able to do anything with my children right now physically. I'm now having to find someone else that will operate. I'm not wanting someone knife happy, but at this point I want some life back and an option.