Dr. Michael Canty MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 31st, 2013
Excellent Doctor
Since I've had colon cancer twice I have a colonoscopy every year. I started going to Dr. Canty around 1998 after my other doctor retired. Dr. Canty is very thorough. He discusses any symptoms or problems you are having. He always puts you to sleep during a colonoscopy. He prescribes a small bottle of Magnesium Citrate (laxative} and ducolax pills for the prep procedure not the gallon of stuff that most doctors have you drink. He shows you the pictures taken during the procedure and always discusses his findings and any concerns immediately.

May 13th, 2013
Taking great care of my Mother
Dr. Canty has been a great care provider for my mother. He is always kind and informative.

February 24th, 2013
Honest and to the point
I found that Dr. Canty was very truthful with me and honest when I had a colonscope run in 2011, found cancer in my colon. This was on a Tuesday. He went right to the phone after he spoke to me and our daughter, came right back and told me he got me appointment with Dr Fresse on Thursday. Seen Dr. Freese on Thursday and had stage 2 colon cancer removed on the next Tueday. So with in a week from the time I knew I had colon cancer I had my surgery and came away with out having to have any chemo or radiation done. Have been clean since. I want to thank Dr Canty for taking the fast action he did. He has told me I have an angel on my shoulder. I believe that also and hope he has one on his shoulder when he does his work everyday. Thank you very kindly Dr. Canty!

August 26th, 2010
Extremely poor follow up and rude attitude
It is past difficult to speak with this office. Obtaining info/notes/records/follow up is near impossible. Too busy to listen to his patients. Rude and rushed is he best description of Dr Canty and his staff.

May 8th, 2010
Your office staff is very RUDE!! THis is a major reflection on you as a physican