Dr. Michael Carella MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 25th, 2016
No Time for Patients
My most recent visit was an upsetting one. After trying for over a month to get an appointment I was eager to discuss my struggles and ask questions of Dr. Carella. I had prepared a list of things to share (symptoms, challenges) and questions to ask in advance. On previous visits I experienced him to be rushed, but he seemed genuinely interested in me and what was going on. On this visit he whisked into the room and began with rapid-fire questions during a (very) brief exam. He could not have been present for more than 2-3 minutes. Mid-sentence he walked out of the room leaving the door open. He did not return. When the nurse came in she said I was all set. I asked if he was done and she said yes. I couldn't believe it. I asked her to have the doctor return since I had not had a chance to share certain relevant information with him and because I had questions to ask. She gave me a pointed look and said I could ask her. I politely requested to speak with the doctor. I had less than 3 minutes of facetime and had not been able to raise any questions for discussion regarding my care. She exited and returned with a sheet of paper and said she would write down my questions. Again I asked for the doctor. Far from being sympathetic or at all understanding the nurse was downright rude. The doctor did return and was very defensive when answering my questions regarding my condition. He seemed to blame me and my general physician for not investigating my condition further even though I was at Dr. Carella's office because I have a diagnosed auto-immune disorder and was looking for guidance on self-care. I felt as though he had no interest in my suffering nor an investment in my health and well-being. I was incredulous at the treatment, the lack of professionalism and the unwillingness to partner with me in finding a cause and a solution for my symptoms which have disrupted my quality of life significantly of late. If you value a doctor who cares, who actively participates in your healthcare, and who will spend more than a cursory few minutes with you than this is not a doctor I would recommend.

July 29th, 2016
Very excellent Doctor!
My experience with the Doctor are excellent. He didn't hurt me during the biopsy. Also for those who say that he can't pay attention to you. It is because he can't wear his hearing Aids all the time. I'm also a aid wearer and he was constantly asking me about my pain, etc. Excellent!

May 4th, 2016
I haven't had a lot of appointments with Dr. Carella but I have been frustrated by the lack of time he seems to have to discuss my issues with me. I don't usually get time to ask any questions. My appointments seem to be about 5 minutes - he talks to me, asks a couple questions, and leaves.

March 4th, 2016
Horrible Dr
He was rude and told my wife that "it must be in your head" when talking about pain and discomfort. tested her thyroid and said she was fine...come back in a year, even though test showed abnormality. We got a second option, and ended up getting thyroid removed. Guess what? Pathology found 2 different types of CANCER. She is currently undergoing treatment. Dr Carella's license should be taken away!!

September 4th, 2015
Never go to him
Worst doctor we've ever seen. Doesn't have any kind of bedside manner, scares the heck out of you and seems to like that. Won't spend time with you explaining results of a scan, etc. Actually told us we would have to make another hour appointment to go over all my questions. Seriously, a horrible doctor. Please listen to this!

March 25th, 2015
The staff is confused, he runs off they can't find him. They put in correct info in my chart, billing incorrect. MMP is screwed up

June 27th, 2014
I have been sitting in this waiting room for 2 hours . Let front desk know I have another appt and still waiting. This office does not show any value for their patients time. They are inconsiderate of their patients , and would suggest that you look for another doctor before even walking into this office to have your time wasted.

May 15th, 2014
Don't waste your money on this doctor...
He certainly gets through his appointments quickly...because he doesn't take any time with his patients. Doesn't listen, rapid fires questions and then makes a lightning decision on treatment even if you point out problems with his "verdict". An example of one of his issues: He failed to order a certain type of lab test to be done, which when done by another doctor pointed out the real culprit in my health issue. When I sent the lab to Carella he completely dismissed it. The second doctor prescribed a medication and voila, the problem was corrected.

January 21st, 2013
Patient
Been with the doctor for about 8 years now, took some getting used to but actually like the speed he works at, be prepared to tell him everything you need to in the first 4 minutes, when he leaves the room he will not return. His nursing staff cannot keep up with him and the receptionists are terrible. If you want the best Endocrinologist there is this is the guy, but he will not hold your hand, he is quick but he does care and will give you top rated care.

July 17th, 2012
WOW. Just WOW!
My first appointment (pre-bloodwork, etc) was very educational. Dr. Carella explained to me in detail what he thought was going on, etc and so forth. Post-bloodwork and second appointment, he gave me the dx, told me he'd be right back with a script, and then his nurse returned with it and I never saw him again. WHAT! Didn't come back in to see if I had any other questions or ANYTHING. Wasn't given any additional info on how to eat with the medication or anything..just slapped it on me and that was it. Forget their on-call doctor after hours...nobody ever returns the call.

June 9th, 2012
This doctor was rude and yelled at me when I returned to his office after radition treatment because I was unable to swallow. He actually told me I was wasting him time and because of me he was not getting his lunch. He walked out of the exam room leaving my husband and myself very confused when his nurse came in and said we could leave. Very Sad! He acted as though I should already know the answers to my questions! He was unwilling to help we understand my hyperthyroidism and was offended when I told him I wanted to get a second opinion before radition treatment. Perhaps he was overwhelmed with patient care, but after talking with another endocrinologist, I truly believe I was misdiagnosed by Dr. Carella as having Graves Disease. My life has forever changed after dealing with him. If you do have to see this man, get a second opinion without hesitation!

April 26th, 2012
Didn't want to treat the patient and the symptoms just the lab work.