Internist, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jun 27th, 2014

I have been sitting in this waiting room for 2 hours . Let front desk know I have another appt and still waiting. This office does not show any value for their patients time. They are inconsiderate of their patients , and would suggest that you look for another doctor before even walking into this office to have your time wasted.

|  Don't waste your money on this doctor...  |  show details
May 15th, 2014

He certainly gets through his appointments quickly...because he doesn't take any time with his patients. Doesn't listen, rapid fires questions and then makes a lightning decision on treatment even if you point out problems with his "verdict". An example of one of his issues: He failed to order a certain type of lab test to be done, which when done by another doctor pointed out the real culprit in my health issue. When I sent the lab to Carella he completely dismissed it. The second doctor prescribed a medication and voila, the problem was corrected.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Keith K. on Jan 21st, 2013

Been with the doctor for about 8 years now, took some getting used to but actually like the speed he works at, be prepared to tell him everything you need to in the first 4 minutes, when he leaves the room he will not return. His nursing staff cannot keep up with him and the receptionists are terrible. If you want the best Endocrinologist there is this is the guy, but he will not hold your hand, he is quick but he does care and will give you top rated care.

|  WOW. Just WOW!  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2012

My first appointment (pre-bloodwork, etc) was very educational. Dr. Carella explained to me in detail what he thought was going on, etc and so forth. Post-bloodwork and second appointment, he gave me the dx, told me he'd be right back with a script, and then his nurse returned with it and I never saw him again. WHAT! Didn't come back in to see if I had any other questions or ANYTHING. Wasn't given any additional info on how to eat with the medication or anything..just slapped it on me and that was it. Forget their on-call doctor after hours...nobody ever returns the call.

Jun 9th, 2012

This doctor was rude and yelled at me when I returned to his office after radition treatment because I was unable to swallow. He actually told me I was wasting him time and because of me he was not getting his lunch. He walked out of the exam room leaving my husband and myself very confused when his nurse came in and said we could leave. Very Sad! He acted as though I should already know the answers to my questions! He was unwilling to help we understand my hyperthyroidism and was offended when I told him I wanted to get a second opinion before radition treatment. Perhaps he was overwhelmed with patient care, but after talking with another endocrinologist, I truly believe I was misdiagnosed by Dr. Carella as having Graves Disease. My life has forever changed after dealing with him. If you do have to see this man, get a second opinion without hesitation!

Apr 26th, 2012

Didn't want to treat the patient and the symptoms just the lab work.

Apr 3rd, 2012

Dr. Carella's staff kindly fit me in after I got lost on the way and arrived late. I found him to be very knowledgeable and to explain thoroughly everything he needed to do in order to obtain a diagnosis of my problem. He seemed to be a nice person and was patient with my concerns. He was very frank about the possible seriousness of my illness and I appreciated hearing the truth. I was very impressed by his experience and how he was willing to stay late to see me. His staff was likeable and helpful.

Nov 14th, 2011

Our experience with Dr. Carella and MMP was horrible right from the beginning. The volume of patients seen does not leave enough time to give quality care to his patients. His staff is overwhelmed and are not able to be efficient. Too many mistakes made. We have wasted too much time with Dr. Carella and his staff. We are changing doctors.

|  Doesn't have time to answer questions  |  show details
Apr 28th, 2011

Does not take time to deal with pump issues. Told me to go to a support group to get advice. Extremely rushed. Told me to stop asking questions last visit. Ignored pump and glucose data that I brought in.

|  Unanswered Questions!  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2011

My visit with Dr Carella was to find out if I qualified for an insulin pump. I felt rushed as soon as I walked in the door. Once Dr Carella came into the room. He rushed me through the exam. Didn't answer my questions left room abruptly after telling me he would be back and then never returned. He sent his nurse back in and my apt was done and my questions remained unanswered. I would NEVER return to this doctor again!

|  Dr. Carella is a poor doctor  |  show details
Aug 26th, 2010

Dr. Carella is a poor doctor

Apr 29th, 2010

Dr. Carella is a very bright, very very busy doctor. He may appear to have some "bedside" manner issues, but he answers all my prepared questions. Because of the fact that there are so few endrochronologists around, he has too many patients. Prepare to-the-point questions ahead of time and it will help both of you.