A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Castellano:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Castellano is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Castellano, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Colorectal Surgery
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Castellano graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.
Dr. Castellano has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Staten Island University Hospital North
- Staten Island University South
- Staten Island Community Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Castellano accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 11 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 36 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 3 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- Healthfirst - 10 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael R. Castellano practice?
Dr. Michael Castellano practices Surgery near Staten Island, NY.
See Staten Island Surgeons.