Dr. Michael Chabot DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

October 12th, 2016
Corrupt enjoys his work comp bonus money
Dr Chabot is work comps right hand man if they want you to be denied work comp this is where they send you short exam a liar and its a shame how money has control over this dr I'm a graduate of Michigan State he gives my school a bad name you ask any other orthopedic Nero Dr they shake there head when they hear his name you would think a judge of someone would suspend him take his liscence something but no he gets away with it and cares nothing about the impact the injury has on your kids family and life sorry to say if you see him for work comp make sure your mentally ready for what's to come

September 8th, 2016
Two hour wait so far) to see Dr. Chabot
I'm at Dr Chabot's office for my mother's appointment. We've been here two hours and haven't seen the doctor. They moved her into an exam room 30 minutes ago, still no doctor. Total disregard for patient's time.

August 20th, 2016
Great results!
I have had 2 surgeries by Dr. Chabot and both provided me with immense relief. First was on lower lumbar and then on cervical discs and vertebra. I would definitely recommend for others who are truly suffering from spinal problems.

August 14th, 2016
surgery patient
He is good at explaining spine problems in simple language. He answers all questions. He performed spinal fusion surgery. After release from the hospital, I made calls to the office on several occasions with questions about my recovery. I never had to leave message, always spoke to person. They got back with me within a few hours with the answers. Only negative: you may have to wait to see him at your appointment.

August 1st, 2016
Patient
Dr. Chabot was extremely personable. He took the time to explain everything and usually answered my question before I even asked them.

July 14th, 2016
I have had 2 fusions performed by Dr Chabot and felt like he was very attentive to my concerns both pre-op and post-op.If I had any friends or love ones who had cervical conditions that required medical attention the advice I would give is make an appointment to see Dr Chabot. The doctors staff could not have been more helpful any questions I had were addressed that same day by members of his hard working and compassionate staff and although the wait time for appointments to both see the doctor and at the office are long that is more a reflection of him being in high demand and willingness to work people in at the end of the day.

June 7th, 2016
Dr. Chabot performed surgery on my neck. It is now over a year since surgery and I have not had any complications and am pain free.

May 14th, 2016
Answers personal calls during exams
Very short exam. He even answered a personal call in the room while he was doing my exam.

May 6th, 2016
Workman's comp evaluation
This guy is a total jerk and offered no Solutions. I have been to several other doctors and they gave me the same opinion, however, he said there was nothing wrong with me at all even though the other doctors found a major issue. He has a terrible bedside manner, he's rude and an overall jerk. Don't waste your time!

October 14th, 2015
Absolutely awful for Workers Comp cases
The consensus seems to be if you're seeing Dr. Chabot of your own volition, all is well. If you're a Workers Comp case, not so much so. I did my best to give him the benefit of the doubt. When I had an evaluation done for herniated lumbar discs related to a work injury (I'm an RN), he evaluated me when I had pain persisting several months after starting conservative treatment- physical therapy, NSAIDs, work conditioning through PT. During part of the eval, he had me bend (which caused discomfort). For some reason, bending from my waist bothers me more than bending during a kneeling stretch. He repeatedly asked me why I was unable to perform certain tasks and stated that my symptoms were inconsistent with a particular condition. Very condescending bedside manner. My husband was furious watching him speak to me. His approach felt like my integrity was in question. When I asked him what we should do about my pain, he told me to take more NSAIDs and narcotics. I had an occupational therapy FCE done. I did better than I expected, but certain tasks brought me to tears. Without any follow-up, I received a call saying I had been released for full duty with no work restrictions. I survive by taking Advil (and Prilosec) around the clock. If he would have just worked with me a little longer, I really feel like I could have improved so much more. He had a great staff, but dealing with him was an awful, awful experience. Condescending manner, no solutions offered, no follow-up, and forget trying to tell him about how I was doing. I don't recall ever being treated that poorly by a physician. If you see him with your own insurance, I hear it's a much better experience.

September 20th, 2015
Great Surgeon
My D.O. (doctor of orthopedics) from Illinois referred me to him. I had a couple of other surgeons names, that were closer to my home, and I tried calling them first. One you had to wait 3 months to see, he wanted me to call the D.O. to send all my x-rays, etc., so he could review them first to see if he wanted me as a patient. They said if he would except me as a patient, they would only go thru the D.O.'s office to set up the appt., I work different shifts so I knew that could be frustrating. I called another surgeons office and they never returned my call. I called Dr. Chabot's office and was able to get in the following week. He couldn't have been any more approachable, patient and professional. He took his time and answered all my questions. My husband was with me and he too was comfortable and confident in Dr. Chabot. I had surgery weeks later fusing my bottom 2 vertebrae with titanium rods. He cleaned out my spinal stenosis and used some bone from my hip to stabilize my spine. It has been 5wks, 5 days and I am still sore when I bend, but it's getting better every day. The horrible sciatic pain that went down my butt and leg is gone. I go back for a checkup tomorrow and I have questions about when I can return to work, and I want to give him a big thank you. I highly recommend Dr. Chabot.

August 26th, 2015
Had surgery for spinal stenosis and based on the relief it provided I would say that the surgeon did a great job. Very competent and knowledgeable.