Dr. Michael Chez MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 13th, 2015
No communication
Dr Chez is no doubt one of the best pediatric epilepsy specialists around. He is extremely talented and passionate which you have to be in this feud. However, his lack of communication with us-the patient and their parents-is absolutely intolerable. The time wasted due to this is tragic. My daughter has spent months and months on three very heavy medications awaiting a surgery he has planned only to find out three weeks before (after travel arrangements have been made) he would like more time with my daughter. I will of course do what's best for my daughter and delay the surgery. But if he felt this way, why has he not seen her for over three months, not called us, had us proceed with the surgery prep plan? Just because you are amazing at what you do Dr, Chez does not make it ok for you to dismiss communicating with families. Perhaps you should have been seeing my daughter monthly instead of just the one time and deciding on a plan...

March 5th, 2012
Dr Chez has no sense of professionalizm. He is cocky and does a diagnosis based on information that is not accurate. He does not have time to get back to patient and literally does not care what happens to them. He does not do follow up and leaves that to other people. In my opinion I would never go to see Dr Chez again and would not recommend him to anybody.

November 17th, 2010
Mother of a young patient with autism
Dr. Chez was a concerned doctor and seemed knowledgeable. It took him a long time (2 yrs) to find a medication for my daughter, and in the end we ended up with the type of medication that I had thought was most appropriate for her from the beginning, but he disagreed. I think he had good professional reasons for not agreeing with me, but it was frustrating. His office staff is not good. I was bumped constantly, and they would misplace my appointments. The worst thing about Dr. Chez, though, was that I felt like he wasn't there for us when our child was in crisis. It seemed like he didn't have time for us.

September 12th, 2010
Chez Gets RESULTS!
Whereas other Sacramento Ped. Neurologists sat back and observed my son's epilepsy, taking YEARS to form their opinions, and reading overnight in-patient EEG's 6 MONTHS after they took place, Dr. Chez took a proactive approach to get his rare form of epilepsy under control. He tried a variety of treatment angles, persisting until finding one that normalized my son's EEG. If only we'd found Dr. Chez sooner instead of trusting the ped. neuro. who sat back and tracked the worsening of our child's epilepsy, he might not have the problems that will affect him for the rest of his life.

May 4th, 2010
We saw Dr. Chez after a very bad experience with my sons previous neurologist who told us there was nothing more he could do to control his very frequent seizures. Dr. Chez ran tests and within 2 appts. had figured out what was going on and had my sons seizures under control. This doctor is very caring and personable. He saved my sons life and gave us hope.

May 4th, 2010
my daughter was diagnosed by another Dr. and perscribed a seditve amount of anti-siezure drugs. We sought Dr. Chez for a second opinion. He run tests and consulted w/ us and other Drs. She had been misdiagnosed. She has never needed siezure meds. or had a siezure since. It has been 10 years. Thank God, for his wisdom.

April 20th, 2009
After waiting 3 months for an appointment Dr. Chez cancelled on us and would not reschedule for another 3 months.

June 6th, 2008
dedicated and caring
Dr. Chez is a caring and very personable. He cares for each patient and has tried a variety of new and cutting edge treatments for my son. I highly recommend him