Dr. Michael Chmell Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Chmell?

March 9th, 2017

Arrogant, in-compassionate and flat out rude.

Showed complete arrogance at all pre-op appointments which I hoped meant he was just so good he was arrogant. No! He is just arrogant as I had to have my replacement redone by another surgeon. Does not respect his patients nor have any concern for pain. After waking from surgery, he asked me how I was feeling. I replied, "In a lot of pain, knee hurts really bad." He responded something to the effect of you'll be fine, dont be a such a baby!!! Avoid this scalpel jockey.

October 20th, 2016

Excellent Doctor

Dr. Chmell did surgery on my knee and will be doing the same surgery on my other knee. He is an excellent surgeon who takes every possible percussion to make sure his patient will remain infection free and get the physical therapy they must have for complete success. I would and do recommend him to any one who asks!

April 26th, 2016

Worst Experience in my Life!!!!!

Was referred this this "doctor" for lack of better term. Although the nurse had confirmed my meds, he was aware of them. He did not introduce himself. He barely reviewed my Xrays that he had requested nor the MRIs that I had brought. He did not look at my knees and left me crying in the room. I will never return to him - a great disappointment!!!!!!!

April 5th, 2016

My overall experience with Dr. Chmell and his staff was outstanding.Preop and post op education was excellent and helpful.Everyone was professional and knowledgeable with each visit. I highly recommend Dr. Chmell and his staff.

January 13th, 2016

Amazing orthopedic surgeon.

July 16th, 2015

Retired teacher

This was the second knee replacement I've had with Dr. Chmell. First one was successful and the second one even better. They now use a pain injection prior to closing which greatly reduces post op pain. That was greatly appreciated.

March 26th, 2015

Can't say enough good things about Dr. Chmell! He is a great dr. & has helped to improve my lifestyle tremendously.

February 26th, 2015

Dr. Chmell is by far, the best orthopedic surgeon in the city of Rockford.

February 24th, 2015

Feel better than ever

I had osteoarthritis in my hips at a fairly young age. Dr. Chmell replaced first the right then the left. I got back to normal daily activities quickly!

February 24th, 2015

Dr. Mike is not only a great surgan but he becomes your friend. He really cares. I had both knees done by him at the same time at age 74. It turned out great I am doing triathlons biking and everything I did befor e the surgery. Wait no longer go see him. You will be glad you did

September 10th, 2011

This doctor came into the room where I was and looked at my knee ex rays and gave me a card to see another doctor. Never said a word to me. I dont know why he didnt accept me. The doctors assistant told me I had a torn meniscus I already knew that. I thought Dr. Chmell was a knee specialist, that is reason I choose him. I will never recommend him to anyone. The visit was a waste of my time.

December 19th, 2016