Dr. Michael Ciletti MD Patient Reviews

• 1 review

Showing 1 - 1 review

October 30th, 2012
Nice guy, bad diagnosis
I was a patient of Dr Ciletti for several years. I went to him with discomfort in my abdomen and chronic diarreah. He did tests and I didn't get results back for 3 months. I kept calling and kept getting the answering service. They appear to take 4 hour lunches most days. Finally I got a letter in the mail saying I should follow up immediately with a gastroenterologist, which I did. The gastro didn't find anything that would be causing my problem, so I went back to Dr Ciletti. This was 5 months after my original visit! He told me he didn't think there was anything else he could do except a CT scan. I declined and went to another doctor, who, after a very thorough medical history, almost immediately diagnosed a sensitivity to annatto, a natural yellow food coloring put into cheese, butter, orange juice, etc. I abstain from annatto now and I have no more pain or diarrhea for over two years!If Dr. Ciletti had just asked me about my diet and been informed that about 40% of Americans have some sensitivity to annatto, I could have saved $4000 and a lot of pain. But as long as I went to him, he showed no interest in my health.Oh, and I want to mention that one day I witnessed his office staff verbally abusing an elderly man who had questions about his bill. After yelling at him without even listening to his question, they told him they had wasted too much time on someone as stupid as he.I would think twice about seeing Dr Ciletti for more than a cold or flu.