Dr. Michael Clarke, MD
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Oct 23rd, 2015

Say what you want about him but he performed a miraculous hip replacement that is totally pain free.

Life saver show details Life saver
by Edward Call on Jul 3rd, 2015

Mike Clarke saved my life. The resurfaced hip relieved the constant pain I had been in for 4 years. Local doctors told me I would have to wait 15 years for a total hip surgery. I can now walk, run, ride a horse and swim. My experience was totally positive and I would recommend this procedure as well as Dr. Clarke to anyone.

Jun 19th, 2015

Had a recent hip replacement follow up visit with Dr. Clarke. As usual, he was pleasant and thorough. I like that he follows up rather than a P.A. or N.P. that seems to be so common these days. Excellent doctor.

by john hanrahan on May 17th, 2015

if you have a hip problem, see him, period.

Dr. Clarke show details Dr. Clarke
May 6th, 2015

Had a great visit with Dr. Clarke. Happy with SOS.

Feb 23rd, 2015

Professional and caring physician who spent the time to explain my plan of care and made sure all questions were answered.

Don't do it...You have been warned show details Don't do it...You have been warned
by on Feb 21st, 2015

Metal on metal hips are not good, and that's what Dr Clarke specializes in. he will defend them to the end, and it doesn't matter that you have high levels of toxic chromium and cobalt in your blood, he's say "Don't worry about it", while every other doctor IS worried about it. Doesn't matter if you have blatant side effects, he'll tell you it's caused by something else. He also cranks out hip replacements like an auto repair shop. It's all about quantity, not quality with Dr. Clarke. His PA, scary Mary, leaves a lot to be desired. I am very sorry I had Dr. Clarke do my surgery, and it is going to end up in court!

Like a hip replacement factory... show details Like a hip replacement factory...
Mar 12th, 2014

....and that's not necessarily a good thing. Do you want someone who is doing 8 hip replacement surgeries in one day? Well, that's what you get with Dr. Clarke. true he has experience. Kind of reminds me of taking your car to Macko for a paint job. yes they will do it in a day for $99. I'm 2 years out from having my hip done. it hurts as much as befiore surgery,. I wake up with it throbbing every day. I can feel that it is loose, yet, the good dr won't even do anything but a stationary ex-ray and tell me it looks fine. never mind that i have elevated levels of cobalt and chromium...."nothing to worry about". I think...no, I know i should have done more research. Dr Clarke is NOT the best choice. Of course this review will disappear real soon, if it gets posted at all. Funny how that happens and he winds up with perfect ratings all the time.

He is the best!!! show details He is the best!!!
Nov 15th, 2013

Dr. Clarke replaced both my hips. 1st went perfectly--done at Community General Hospital. 2nd hip done at St. Joseph's Hospital--surgery itself went great same as hip #1, but I injured groin tendons during post op PT at the hospital--I found St. Joseph's Hospital had a very aggressive post op PT program and encouraged me to push through exercises despite severe pain. I've complained about this a lot and hope they have toned it down--no patient should get actual injuries from exercises done during the first couple of days post-op--gentle PT is all that is needed during that time. During my recovery/rehab at home Dr. C tried everything in the book to resolve my tendon problems and hoped things would heal with conservative treatment, but I ended up needing another surgery to release one tendon and repair two others. Unfortunately, I had some significant complications after the tendon surgery (no one's fault--things just happen sometimes) and this required a lot of his time and attention. I required additional surgery on my leg and was in the hospital almost 2 weeks. He visited me at the hospital every morning & phoned me evenings to check in & tell me the next days plan. Once I went home, he was available practically 24/7 for emails and phone calls from me & home nurses, followed me closely in his office, & looked after me as if I were his only patient. Everyone involved in my care was amazed at how accessible and devoted he was to my case. He never gave up until I was healed and doing well. I can't thank him enough for his kindness and concern for me throughout this process. He went above and beyond to help me get through it all.

Finally a diagnosis! show details Finally a diagnosis!
Aug 1st, 2013

For 5-7 years I have been dealing with hip and back pain. I have seen numerous doctors, and chiropractors. I had a previous arthrogram done on my hip with a different doctor. Both that doctor and the radiologist missed seeing the labral tear. Dr. Clarke had suspicion there was one on that same arthrogram, he had me repeat it and sure enough I had one. Finally a diagnosis least I know what has been causing most of my pain this long.

NO ONE BETTER!!! show details NO ONE BETTER!!!
by Toni O. on Jun 22nd, 2013

I drove three hours to have him do my knee replacement. 'Awesome' doesn't come close to describing Dr. Clarke. He's thorough. He takes his time. He explains things so you can understand them, and he is more than happy to answer questions - whether in person or by email. He doesn't sugar coat anything, and gives it to you straight. The surgery went perfectly. His follow up was beyond reproach. Bottom line...I will never use another doctor for knees or hips. He's the one and only.

It's About Time show details It's About Time
Mar 28th, 2012

After 14 years suffering with hip pain, I was referred to Dr. Clarke. A simple xray, along with some physical maneuvers, gave him my diagnoses, for wich I will be having surgery. My long wait in the exam room was well worth getting to meet this very likeable man, and to finally get a diagnosis. He ROCKS!

Very impressed with first visit!! show details Very impressed with first visit!!
Jul 29th, 2011

Only 1 visit so far, but I am very pleased with this doctor, the facility, and staff. I feel like Dr. Clarke will be an excellent physician to work with me to get to the bottom of my ortho problems (hip/back, although I have to also see a spine specialist in the practice for the back, since Dr. Clarke only works with hip problems). Very knowledgable, concerned, caring, and motivated to help. Exudes confidence without sounding arrogant. Not a chatty, "warm and fuzzy" type, but very polite and respectful. Listened to me, answered my questions, and explained everything in detail. Excellent first visit and looking forward to working with him more to restore my mobility.

hip resurfacing surgery by Dr Clarke show details hip resurfacing surgery by Dr Clarke
by George on Oct 7th, 2009

I am 3 weeks out from a hip resurfacing surgery with Dr Clarke. I am now walking without a cane, and doing physical therapy to regain my normal activities. I am an active male and would do it again if the need arose. My requirments in a surgeon are simple. I am looking for an assembly line worker who has done many procedures and seen it all. This man has done all of that and more. he lays it on the line about risks and rewards. He is the Hip Man.