Best dr ever show details Best dr ever
by Jessica n on Jul 3rd, 2015

My 13 year old son broke his ulna and radius playing with his friends. Dr.coen worked him into his schedule less then 5 minutes of my son seeing his primary. With in an hour he had my son scheduled to go to Redlands community to have surgery. He attended to us professionally and quickly. Answered all questions and explained probability of 2 types of surgeries that may need take place. Explained that he would try the less invasive first and if needed perform an open reduction internal fixation. My son was attended to above my expectations. I would recommend him to everyone and anyone looking for an ortho surgeon. Amazing dr, great bedside manner, great dealing with families.

Hip surgery show details Hip surgery
by Nicholas Hardison on Nov 18th, 2013

Back in June of 2001 I was involved in a motorcycle accident where a drunk driver ran a stop sign and plowed right into the left side of my motorcycle. After the paramedics arrived I was transported to Loma Linda University Hospital where I found out the severity of my injuries. I had a broken left hip. It was broken so bad in two places that you could put your finger between bone without touching it. I spent about 3-4 days in traction before the actual surgery. The surgery was extremely extensive taking 16 hours to complete. After the surgery I was told that I would have severe arthritis in about 5-10 years and might want to look into taking some kind of office job. It has been 12 1/2 years since the surgery and I have no pain. Any time I have any kind of X-rays or MRI done the the doctors always comment on the high quality of work that was performed by Dr. Cohen. Thanks to Dr. Cohen I am not limited by an injury that would've most definitely limited me otherwise.

Got me back on my feet. show details Got me back on my feet.
Jun 11th, 2011

I was having trouble with my walking. He was more than helpful in getting me going again.

Right on. show details Right on.
May 29th, 2011

He did a great job finding my hip problem and with one injection and stretching got me back to playing soccer.

great show details great
May 5th, 2011

overall a great experience-Write about overall experiences-Write about what you like or dislike about your physician-Write about whether you would recommend-Write as if you are talking to a peer who is asking your opinion

No longer in Loma Linda show details No longer in Loma Linda
Mar 26th, 2011

Coen is no longer at Loma Linda University. He was fired from Loma Linda University.

INCOMPETENT, ARROGANT, UNETHICAL show details INCOMPETENT, ARROGANT, UNETHICAL
by He knows who I am! on Jun 22nd, 2009

CAUTION: Dr. Michael Coen is practically incompetent, is extremely arrogant, and when I filed a complaint against him with the administration of Loma Linda University, he CHANGED MY MEDICAL RECORD to say that he had examined me ... and, he didn't touch me during my one visit. He was rude, and abusive, then lied to his superiors when he was questioned at a hearing, and changed my medical record. I have since reported him to the State of CA Licensing Division.