A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Cohan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Cohan is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Cohan, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- Kidney Disease
- Stomach Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Cohan graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Cohan has 2 hospital affiliations:
- West Suburban Medical Center
- Elmhurst Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Cohan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 11 plans